SCT and River City Diesel Customers... come on down ! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT and River City Diesel Customers... come on down !

So, I have been running the SCT LW canned tunes, and gonna step up to custom tunes, have studs installed, air intake etc etc all good to go,

just curious what everyone elses experience has been like dealing with RCD ... i might be just getting impatient here, but they said 2 to 5 business days for email and its going on 6 days... now wont hear anything till monday...
I just want more!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Duty View Post
So, I have been running the SCT LW canned tunes, and gonna step up to custom tunes, have studs installed, air intake etc etc all good to go,

just curious what everyone elses experience has been like dealing with RCD ... i might be just getting impatient here, but they said 2 to 5 business days for email and its going on 6 days... now wont hear anything till monday...
I just want more!!!
I do know that later this week when I had talked to Josh, he was out for a few days for some major dental surgery. Not sure past that; I would speculate you will probably hear from him early in the week.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like you already have your mind made up about going with RCD, but there's no way you can go wrong with Eric's Xtreme tuning from Innovative Diesel Performance.

I've never had a problem getting in touch with him and if you're ever so inclined to take your truck to the next level with sticks, snails or pumps, he's THE guy to write the tuning for it. In addition, his transmission tuning is legendary...he recently told me that he spends as much time writing the transmission tuning/strategy as he does the tuning for the motor itself!

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i waited 2 weeks for mine. they where having computer problems. i got the 585 and have beat everything that pulls up next to me including a highly modded 2wd dodge (turbo & injectors) even on top end and my truck is a 4x4 f250 cc with 3.55 gears. i even raced my buddys 08 with my same truck and we where neck to neck and he paid $900 for his tune (dont ask). im very satisfied but i should tell you this is not a daily driver program as its not very nice on your tranny. my idle is pretty lopy (shakes the truck when stop at a light) specially when the ac compressor turns on and off. not sure if this is normal. hope this helps
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
not to hijack but is a lope tune hard on a 6.4. ithink this thing sound bad a$$!!
one of my buddys was thinking about ordering it
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I installed rcd 450 tune today it took about two weeks till I got my tune I bought my tune back in December put some miles on my truck before installing the tune but it works great
Old 04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i didnt order the lope 585. i ordered the regular 585 so i dont know if its normal. i have no check engine light. it does sound cool at first but it gets old pretty fast. i would love to find out if its normal. it doesnt do it at all with the stock sct tunes. i called rcd and they told me to take it to the dealer. they didnt sound like they wanted to help much. all i know is i cant go to the dealer with a tune and dpf delete unless i want to loose my warranty
Old 04-17-2011, 07:22 PM

rcd makes some good tunes. So far the best mpg tunes I have ran. They shifted hard, but so did almost any tune I ran in my truck untill the new spartan update just came out. RCD customer service Sucks... I do think my motor ran the best with the RCD tunes. It just seems to run easier if that makes any sense...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks alot Guys! That's exactly what I wanted to hear thanks for your replies ! Ya cousin of mine runs the 585 lope. Said same thing cool for while but gets old so, run it for while but be mostly track only. But the other tunes for daily driver. I will try the innovative tunes as well just going through the motions here. I Am definatley interested in solid tranny tuning, seeing how I am on my 3rd factory tranny right now !
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

come on!!!! Tuesday ... still nothing from RCD

2 to 5 business days, ok he had dental surgery, but its just an email... i doubt there is any "custom" part to the RCD tunes now, will be the same as my cousins as same as few friends as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.