Difference in Spartan Update Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Difference in Spartan Update Tunes

I posted this in a thread about the new Spartan update, but there are too many conversations going on there, so I am copy/pasting it to a new thread.

The new 275 doesn't feel as stout as the old 250 from the Feb 2010 update that I had been running. Is this possible?

My EGR temps aren't as high as they used to be either which doesn't make sense.

Are there logical explanations to these things? I remember reading how different the 275 used to be compared to everything lower.

And I hate the early lockup with 37's, as I knew I would... I still have the phalanxupdate201.exe on my PC. Maybe I'll try installing those tunes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
GO BIG OR HAVE FUN TRYING

One would think that an update would be an improvment. Thnx for the heads up.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The general consensus with our testers before and during release was that the new 275 actually felt as though it had a little extra power on the street. Dyno numbers were almost identical; I'm honestly not sure what might cause yours to be different. Boost will be a slightly lower during normal driving due to the EBP changes/fix, and you will also find the pedal to be not quite as sensitive- However nothing at WOT was changed within the engine calibration.

Concerning the lockup, as I mentioned in the Update thread, the last update was designed to correct late lockup with 3.55 gears while still working properly on 3.73 trucks- but it was all designed on a stock size tire, which is what the larger percentage of the customer base still uses.

You can use the 201 update to roll back if you prefer. Adding a later-lockup fileset is on our agenda of things to add to our database as soon as time allows.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I love the new tunes. The shifting on the 250 is spot on. The old 250 used to shift way too hard when cruising around town.

I can see how the early lockup would suck with large tires, but with stockers it is the ****!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM

I think I am just going to stick to the ones I have now. I have heard too many horror stories with the new one.......
Old 04-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemiddysam View Post
I think I am just going to stick to the ones I have now. I have heard too many horror stories with the new one.......
Can you please elaborate on the horror stories? Other than users with large tires related to early lockup, we've had very few complaints at all with the latest update. The hugest majority of users I've contacted personally like it much better overall.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Just like you said.....Larger tires hence mine on 37's. Dont get me wrong I am pleased with the tunes I have right now......I dont think upgrading will be any better so therefor I will keep runing the tunes that I got about a year and a half ago unless you think that they might cause issues with the truck.........
Old 04-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemiddysam View Post
Just like you said.....Larger tires hence mine on 37's. Dont get me wrong I am pleased with the tunes I have right now......I dont think upgrading will be any better so therefor I will keep runing the tunes that I got about a year and a half ago unless you think that they might cause issues with the truck.........
I don't see the 201 revision giving any issues with the truck; almost all of the changes in 301 were drivability related.

Just keep your eyes peeled in the next couple of weeks for the late-lockup revisions of the new 301 files specifically for the issues described. It will be finished as soon as the 6.7L release allows for time, shouldn't be long.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Ok will do. I will be gone for the next 75 days or so for some training but once I get back I might try to upgrade. I need to get the speedo tunes anyways so I might as well do it all at the same time!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 275 is just as strong as it always has been. It just takes more throttle to get the same power. There is really no difference besides where your right foot is. That is why it is so much easier/nicer to drive now... Its just not as touchy, the power comes on smoother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.