AirDog 150 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AirDog 150

Was looking to pick up an AirDog 150 for my truck. Not so much for performance or anything but mainly for a preventative measure. Is 150 the right model to get for a truck that would just be running intake, exhaust and tunes like Hot dam or the spartan 310? Is it a pretty easy install without modifying anything? Also heard that some people have problems when you are down to a 1/4 tank? Is that true on these 6.4's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 05:42 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Also was curious, instead of an AirDog what about something like this just for the fuel/water seperation like i wanted

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr..._id=FW1220-TFK

Last edited by Funyun; 04-16-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funyun View Post
Also was curious, instead of an AirDog what about something like this just for the fuel/water separation like i wanted

Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail
Ummm...there's no pump on that one, which largely explains the price difference between it and the AirDog. Extra filtration is good, but without a pump to push the fuel through it you could end up with low FRP and starvation...which is bad...
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funyun View Post
Was looking to pick up an AirDog 150 for my truck. Not so much for performance or anything but mainly for a preventative measure. Is 150 the right model to get for a truck that would just be running intake, exhaust and tunes like Hot dam or the spartan 310? Is it a pretty easy install without modifying anything? Also heard that some people have problems when you are down to a 1/4 tank? Is that true on these 6.4's?
Just installed one in my buddy's '08 Job 1 F350 this past week. It's PLENTY for those tunes and then some, and the only issue with running below a 1/4 tank is IF you drill your tank and install their draw straw which you do NOT need to do. AirDog's instructions are horrific and they're technical assistance was of no help. The 150 installs differently than all of the other models (100, 165 and 200GPH) for some unknown reason. I have a 165GPH/10PSI AirDog2 on order for my '10 F250. It's a mandatory modification for keeping your fuel super clean and your motor happy...
Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Excluding the 150, how easy are they to install. Plug and play or cutting and spicing lines. Can I do it in my driveway in a few hours?
Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLOSIV View Post
Excluding the 150, how easy are they to install. Plug and play or cutting and spicing lines. Can I do it in my driveway in a few hours?
Thanks
Yes, the kits are 6.4 specific so the mounting bracket is made for our trucks as are the line connections. They include barbed hose connectors since the lines are set up for the longest line runs possible like you'd do on a CC/LB, the lines would be quite a bit shorter on a SC/LB, so you just splice them, install the connectors and you're good to go.

Anyone who tells you that they didn't either drop the tank or lift the bed is full of it. You HAVE to do one or the other. The bed on my buddy's truck was being far from cooperative, so we lowered the tank a bit (without completely dropping/removing it), so make sure you don't have a lot of fuel sloshing around in there when you lower the tank so it's easier to handle. The wiring is plug and play and very straightforward so no worries there...

I'm not exactly buying some of these 1 1/2 hour install stories I've read about installing it either, give yourself a full day to get it done and be happy when you get it done in the half the time and get some wheel time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the info. Will definitely be one of my near future mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.