Truck wont start now - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck wont start now

one my 08 i have a spartan chip and delete pipe. i tried to return it to stock, i followed the instructions waited the ten seconds like it said when it was done and now the truck wont start. a red light with a truck and padlock is flashing on the dash when i turn the key. when i turn key nothing happens. what caused this and how do i fix it. i have returned it to stock before with no problems what happened this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I returned mine to stock this afternoon, and am also having this same problem. The tuner was an H & S XRT Pro. If I find the answer I will post.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you guys returned to the stock tuning, then you need to make sure the stock exhaust is installed. Without the stock exhaust, the stock tuning file will not allow the truck to start unless all the sensors check out.

If you want to get past this, you can plug at minimum, the rear-most exhaust temp sensor into the factory harness. It doesn't need to be in the exhaust, it just needs to be plugged in to complete the circuit. If it doesn't start at that point, re-tune to the DPF delete tune, and see if it starts. If yes, then make sure that you have the rear sensor plugged in, then try the stock tune again.

Let me know if you still have issues.

-H&S
Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I tried to re tune it but it wont do anything now, it says it cant connect. i have returned truck to stock before without putting stock exhaust back on.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My DPF has been re-installed and the sensor plugged in prior to "return to stock". I tryed to re-install the tune as suggested, but the XRT Pro will not recognize that the key is in the run position in reloading tune sequence.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman2010 View Post
My DPF has been re-installed and the sensor plugged in prior to "return to stock". I tryed to re-install the tune as suggested, but the XRT Pro will not recognize that the key is in the run position in reloading tune sequence.
Send me an email with all your contact information and all the information from the "show settings" menu. Also, update your tuner to the latest software. Even if the T.V. shows the latest version, update it again to ensure there are no file corruptions.

I will try to contact you tomorrow while I am at the shop to help you with a solution.

Bentley at hsperformance.com
Old 04-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman2010 View Post
I returned mine to stock this afternoon, and am also having this same problem. The tuner was an H & S XRT Pro. If I find the answer I will post.
Thanks to the extra effort from the guys at H & S, it appears that I had a bad file re-write.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.