My H&S Black Maxx Just messed up?? Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My H&S Black Maxx Just messed up?? Help

Hey Guys, Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Tonight I'm driving home with the wife, just going down I95. When for the first time ever, and I had the black max installed 3 weeks ago by the way. (Ive Never ran the truck in hot mod, I'm yet to even put it to the floor in wild. I'm th guy trying not to break the truck..)

I'm doing around 70 on wild tune... All of a sudden it unlocks the Transmission lock..kinda loose some power and I see my gauge on the truck(tranny temp one) bounce from cold to middle two or three times. So I do a pull to the side, Shut her down and say a couple WTF **** **.

I start it back up, No engine lights or warning lights and everything seemed fine. I drive another 20 miles, get off the highway start to get close to home.

Then from a stop sign I start to take a right turn, Then I hear a big rev when I go to hit 2nd, nothing.. I slow down it catches.. I pull over and really say WTFF. Shut the truck off. I didn't hear any grinding or any crazy sounds. Just the motor reving..

I have the engine light on. Put the truck in no power mode and made it home with out any more trouble..

Code on my Black maxx says Lost communication with TCM lock
I checked the H&S website, I'm two verisons behind. I'm going to update that now. But I'm still thinking from a stop and go, no shifting and engine lights.. that's not cool already.

This is what my black max is saying, is it weird that the SW 2.0 part is blurry like it has two number ontop?

Another thing I thought was weird, in my files on my sd card I have a Text Document that says "6.0 Ford Version"... then inside it says
"Black Maxx 6.0.1
Initial release software
EGR delete capable"

I downloaded the whole 6.4 sd card to check on the H&S website, and It also has the 6.0 txt doc but it just looks weird.

.. Any of have any insight on what is going on?

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds to me like your tranny temperature sending unit is bad if the gauge was bouncing around. This could give a high temp warning that would defuel the mini max and put the truck into limp mode.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The sd card has more than one vehicle's info. on it including different motors the BM knows the difference based on the engine codes i would guess mine says the same and works fine!
Chris
Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 AM

Well I updated to the new BM version 6.4.18 and Today no problems.
When I did the system check the screen has no weird blurry numbers under this new version. That alone is better!

I did see version 6.4.16 Firmware update was an Issue with the TCM while cruising.
And I'm not sure about the weird Rev up that happend later in the drive..

I do have ladder bars and on the H & S Website it says to Run Race Shift tune with them. I changed that, Kept it at 55MPH lock up. If anyone thinks I should run something else please let me know.

and Stroke4Fun that wasn't any help? lmao In the first post I wrote I downloaded the new card to check the files, and they were the same. I knew that part.

I just think it's weird that out of all the files theres really only one lonely txt document that says Ford 6.0 version. Few lines of Text, not even lines of code. Id say it's there for fun.. No other "Notepad" documents for fords, or other dodges/chevy.... But I am glad to hear your works fine and your not sure what's in there.

All in all though, H & S is Kick ***! The truck is fun to drive now, Added power, way better on the Fuel.

Last edited by GetLifted; 04-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM

i think the most recent update is actually 6.4.21 IIRC.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:11 PM

Not for the Black Maxx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.