Programmer and DPF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Programmer and DPF

I'm not sure if some of you have gotten the latest issue of Diesel Power magazine, but in the August issue they already tested out the Bully Dog PMT. It gave them a nice 104HP but only a 100LB FT more torque . The part that really interest me was how fast the truck went into regen with the programmer. Diesel Power said that the truck went in to regen just after a few hammer down passes. This makes me think that a programmer is going to put out a lot more soot and clog up the stupid DPF much, much faster and with the price to replace the DPF right now, it might be worth it to wait and see when the program companies finally come out with a program to shut off regen and put on a straight pipe and keep that DPF in the garage till it is time for emissions testing...... just my thoughts for those of you waiting a program for your 2008....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check this out. http://www.hypertech-inc.com/images/42005.pdf We just got these in, and they look very promising. I know you dont usually think of Hypertech when it comes to diesel performance, but they are cheap, and show good gains.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I'm running the SCT Livewire on the Race program daily. Our truck goes into regen on the normal schedule(comparing to stock). There is a conditioning of the DPF for the first 3000 miles or so. Every 250 miles is about normal. When towing, even stock, it may regen more often.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Aggresive programmers make hp with more fuel. More fuel equals more PM which the DPF has to deal with. It makes perfect sense that any activity that uses lots of fuel makes lots of PM and the DPF will go into REGEN more often. If you tow your 15,000 pound toy hauler more than you drive to work on the highway your REGEN cycles will be drastically different right?

Over fueling with an aggresive programmer will have the end result similar to towing your toy haluer if you like to keep up with traffic that is! So what happens long term. I see premature DPF failures because they will be working at much higher duty cycles. So who cares. Take them out or replace them more often. You want HP you have to pay for it!!!

What would happen if we squirted a little LPG in front of the turbo. I think we could add some fuel that will not affect the DPF. I see hp torque and milaege gains without affecting the DPF advesely.

What do you guys think???

I have heard that the 6.0 did not like LPG can anyone take a stab at what the 6.4 would think. I have been talking to a company that has an LPG injection system that is completely computer controlled. They claim 75 hp increase over stock and they have their new 6.4 up to 20 MPG. I am very very tempted. As a matter of fact I have already requisitioned two new alluminum lift truck cylinders and am negotiating pricing. I have lots and lots of experience in LP Gas carberation but this is my first diesel pick uo since my 1985 F 259 with a turbo'd 6.9 POS.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
TwinTurboStroker up there is making over 20 mpg on the hwy with his DPF delete and tune...

I don't think if I owned a 6.4 that I would mess with it until there was a true regen delete tuner out there ... then i'd gut the exhaust like no other!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A little birdie toldme yesterday there will be a tuner for this very soon. Like maybe a couple weks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.