Performance tuner Install goes totally wrong for installer (ME) Nobody got hurt - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
Performance tuner Install goes totally wrong for installer (ME) Nobody got hurt

Well after getting a tuner, DPF/Cat delete I decided today I would install it. garage is filled up and can get the truck in enough to touch the workbench and enough to close the door. After about 2 hours of trying to get the tuner to load I called Performance Truck Parts. Find out that either the sd card was installed right from factory or I pushed it out. So I got that done. Now 2 hours trying to get the exhaust off the bolt end is welded and so is the nut end. Atleast it was on the bottom like that. Top bolt comes right out no problem.

Back to the bottom bolt. I decided just to get the grinder and grind it off. Piece of cake right? I have a thumping migraine that is really effecting my vision plus I got a funeral to go to tomorrow. My wife's aunt passed away so I'm trying to hurry. I take a 5 minute break to slow down. Start grinding and hit the freaking transmission pan. It's only dripping. Ok not to bad. I get my wife to go get JB Weld and asked me what broke. I said I'm broke.... Find out after a few calls the pan just comes off . So I decided to finish the install and go for a ride. Come back drain the tranny and take pan off. The magnet has alot of shavings thinner then a paper on it but the fluid is redder then red.

Questions:

1. Does the tuner always go into no power mode during hard acceleration?
2. Where is the tranny filter?
3. How many quarts?
4. What kind of tranny fluid?
5. What do you guys use for your list of gauges on the screen?
6. Am I missing something?

Other then it goes in and out of no power I love the power it has now. I had the oil and both fuel filters replaced less then 100 miles ago. So why does it go into no power mode? Any questions for me ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

What kind of tuner is it? Performance Truck Parts should be able to answer your question about the tunner. Heard good things about them. Glad you came out of that alive..................If you don't have a job one truck, your filter is in the tranny.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro2nite View Post
What kind of tuner is it? Performance Truck Parts should be able to answer your question about the tunner. Heard good things about them. Glad you came out of that alive..................If you don't have a job one truck, your filter is in the tranny.
It's a minimaxx and is working other then going into no power half way through the transmission learning process... I have a ever early made march-may 2007 built 2008 Ford F250. So it's a job 1...

Had tranny pan welded this morning all up. The galvanized metal is all welded up and is painted to keep from rusting...

Do I need any special tools to replace the tranny filter?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Premium Member

Call H&S, they have great customer support. If you have a job 1 the filter should be located outside the trans.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A defuel setting is probably set too low, what are your defuel settings set at?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
A defuel setting is probably set too low, what are your defuel settings set at?
That is exactly what was wrong. The boost level was set to 23 psi, tranny temp was to low, the Pyro was set to low. I got it all set to H&S customer Service guys exact specs. Dang does it run alot better.

H&S Customer Service is the BEST

If you need anything please check them out.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 AM

I love JB Weld, along with Quick Steel.
Glad you got it running right.

The filter on your truck should be a little canister right under the bell housing. It is on one of the metal lines that run to the cooler.
The amount of fluid I am not sure. When I changed mine I put a Mag-Hytech on the truck, IIRC mine took 15, so you should be in the 7-8 range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.