Black Maxx & tubro lagg - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Black Maxx & tubro lagg

Hey Guys, I bought a black maxx about 6weeks ago and like everything about it the hp and milage, Until i took my trip to salt lake last weekend..
Now I notice there is less throttle respones, and tubro lagg, more black smoke than usual. any ideal what this could be any help or infor.. would be very appreciate. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ya me too, once it builds up boost it goes, but if i get on the throttle just normal, it pues alot of black smoke also, with quite of bit of turbo-lag, mine is on the hot damn 275hp tune.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Premium Member

Yup, I tired to reset it to stock than reloaded. went through all steps but still the same. Not like when I very first got it great throttle respones and turbo boost.. all three setting are the same mild to hot turbo lag off the start. and now using alittle more fuel..and alittle more black smoke not all time just sometimes.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM

I'll give ya a bump!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We have seen a few turbo failures on the 6.4, so you could be in the beginnings of something like that. We are also reworking the entire tuning platform for the 6.4. In about 1 month there will be all new tunes that are built from scratch. This will resolve a few issues some years / models are seeing. So, if you could hold off until we get the new tuning released, there may already be a solution in it.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM

I recently got the XRT Pro and have noticed this but I have also not driven the truck a lot since installing. I will keep and eye on it and post back.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

Thank you, that some good new to hear. and from now til then I'll be waiting for it. but in the mean time I'll put my truck back to stock and have the dealer look at my turbo..
Don't get me wrong but the top end tq an hp is here, it was at take off where i got the lag.. Over all a great investment..On the Black Maxx..

Once again thank you for the infor..
Old 04-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
We have seen a few turbo failures on the 6.4, so you could be in the beginnings of something like that. We are also reworking the entire tuning platform for the 6.4. In about 1 month there will be all new tunes that are built from scratch. This will resolve a few issues some years / models are seeing. So, if you could hold off until we get the new tuning released, there may already be a solution in it.

Thanks!
great to hear, that's awesome!!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post

Thanks!
Awesome! Please let us know when this tuning is ready and available to download
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM

I'm in the same boat, ive only had my Mini Maxx for 2 weeks, it still builds boost. How much boost should it be on the no power setting? The most i got out of matting it up to 100 was 30 pounds. If i have it on hot it gets to about 43 pounds. The smoke just keeps getting worse it seems like, if you barely tip in the throttle locked up in in 4th or 5th it pours a decent amount of smoke out. I dont think it smoked this much before but i havnt had it long enough to know if i just wasnt paying attention to it cause i was to busy holding on. Anybody have any other news on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.