Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini Max tuner. Fuel economy

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  boomernj84 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 08 f350 with cat/dpf delete and just started running a mini max tuner. My truck computer now says that I am getting 25mpg. I think it is way off. What is everyone else getting for fuel economy ? I think it would be safe to say I'm getting more like 16-17 mpg.why would the truck register such a false reading?I am running the mild tune but have heard that running the hot tune give better mpg. Can anyone confirm this

#3 ·
There was a thread awhile back that went into great detail as to why the lie o meter is so far off after a tune is installed. After reading it I still didn't get it :confused: To much tech stuff.

What HP tune to run for better mileage, I believe has more to do with the way you drive. I got a 75HP KEM tune, when compared to a 310 is really low. With the KEM tune I got about a 17% increase in fuel mileage. With the higher HP tunes, it would be really hard to control that right foot:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.