Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dumb DPF Question

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gord from Emsdale 
#1 ·
Hi

I have an all stock 08 6.4 SCLB an was wondering if a person could take the DPF apart and put a pipe Straight Through, so it would act like a DPF Delete, but still look Factory?

I don 't have a tuner or anything else right now, but plan to get MBRP 5 inch SS from DPF Back, a Mini Max, and a air filter system. I live in Northern Ontario Canada, and the cops here are not very friendly, except for one, (he's my buddy).

Thanks In Advance

..Gord

#2 ·
You could use an air hammer with a long chisel bit and it would take you about 30 min to knock the dpf/cat out once you take the exhaust down. It wOrks well from what I hear.

#4 ·
I know several people who for inspection reasons have done it. No need to put pipe inside just hollow out the filter media, that way you don't have any more restriction. If you ever need to go in for warrenty stuff you are out of luck because there is no returning to stock that way. Remeber if Ford flashes your ECM while tuned it messes up your tune most have to be sent back to be unlocked. I know on my truck they did not ask they just updated ECM. I was not tuned so no harm but I have had a friend who lost some money over getting reflashed while tuned.

#5 ·
I would say you need a second DPF, that way you could gut the one and then if you need to go in to Ford you could put the stock DPF in and drive in a stock mode until it regenerates. It sounds like a lot of work to me, and also being from Canada I know that the DPF is not a requirement for anything other than warranty. It is not the Law yet up here so why worry about it. Besides unless you put it to the floor it won’t smoke all that much more. :icon_ford:

#6 ·
Thanks guys, I was hoping I could have it look stock and act like all was fine when it goes into the local boys at the Ford stealer, but if I can't do that, then I might as well just get the delete pipe.

If the DPF was cleaned out, how would that affect the computer, wouldn't it just read as if everything was ok? Maybe some day, some electronic wizard will figure out a way to fool the Boys @ Ford.

Thanks again for all the advise, now to figure out which 4 inch lift kit to buy.

..Gord

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.