Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Transmission upgrade

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TEX420 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I have an 08 6.4 with sct tunes by Eric. I'm wondering if I was to to do some preventive mantinence on the transmission what would I need? Does suncoast sale a upgrade kit? Do i need just the converter and shaft, do you guys buy a whole new trans? I'm just confused when I hear people say they went with suncoast, I have no slipping or anything right now, just want to try an keep it that way! Lol

#2 ·
Best thing to do is purchase a SunCoast converter and super duty rebuild kit. Also, since the input shaft is so cheap ($235), I would get that as well. It is not necessarily needed though.

You can also purchase a full unit and converter from SunCoast. It is a 5R110W that is built at SunCoast, they send it to you, and you send them your stock stuff back as core. That is what I did.

#4 ·
#5 ·
If you just get the rebuild kit you have to actually rebuild it yourself or pay someone to do it. That could cost just as much or more than just buying the complete tranny. I would almost say its 6 one way, half a dozen the other way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.