Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

mini maxx max tune with dpf present

8K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  KiBucsFootball 
#1 ·
Guys,

What is the highest tune you can run safely with the DPF still on the truck using the minimaxx? I just installed mine this morning.

Thanks for the help...

#11 ·
I installed mine, and selected DPF present, but I thought there was a way to turn it on/off while present on the truck, so the reason for my post. I've read and searched as much as I could on all the "main" forums including H and S. But couldn't get the answer to this one.

#14 ·
why would the tune effect how often the truck regens?

also, did your mileage change any by adding a tuner and NOT doing the DPF delete? i've heard it's bad to run "tuners" on the trucks with the DPF still in place. is there any truth to that? did the manufacturers or dealers mention anything about it?

#15 ·
IDK why it would effect how often the truck regens but thats what ive been told. My mileage went up a little but nothing substantial. The only thing bad about it, from what I hear is the increase in regens, which i havent had since i put mine one, so im a little worried. i havent experienced anything wrong with it except the EGTs get real high, real quick, when you punch the throttle.

#16 ·
I've been 1500 miles in the last couple of days since the Minimaxx install, with DPF present I only have Mild and Wild to choose from, so maybe you didn't select DPF present upon download, or maybe mine doesn't have the hot tune loaded for some reason... who knows...
but I have regens all the damn time on wild, you'll know because EGT's will go from 600-700* to 1200-1300* even at low boost during regen, at least this is what I'm seeing, then a couple of minutes later when regen is over the full power is back and EGT's go back to normal levels at cruise...

My only question is during regen my EGTs can spkie to 1350*, but I was told to set defuel at 1300*, so it defuels during regen alot, I'd be fine if I changed the defuel setting to 1400* does anyone think 1400* is an o.k. setting on a bone stocker with the DPF still present?

#17 ·
Mr.BIG, "I've been 1500 miles in the last couple of days since the Minimaxx install, with DPF present I only have Mild and Wild to choose from, so maybe you didn't select DPF present upon download, or maybe mine doesn't have the hot tune loaded for some reason..."

I looked at my settings and it says I selected DPF present and I do have the DPF present Hot tune which is 120hp. I dont know why you dont though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.