Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Blackmaxx trans re learn

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DSL_PWR 
#1 ·
I installed the blackmaxx and dpf delete today. When i take the truck and really stomp on it the trans does not seem to shift right. I have not done the trans re learn yet becaus im not quite sure how to do it. Is it just anytime in the hot tune? Or is there a section on the programmer itself that the relearn is done in? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
When you install the tuner you need to do the relearn process.

I have not done it yet either and mine is shifting ok, but will need some fine tuning once I can get it out and drive it.

This is for the XRT Pro but I am sure it works on all H&S stuff.

It is recommended that the Transmission learning process be done while in the “Hot” setting on your XRT Pro
Tuner. The 5R110 Ford transmission is constantly learning and adapting to your specific driving style. The relearn
procedure gives a good baseline for the adaptive learning. The transmission will eventually learn over time
on its own, but, the relearn process is highly recommended to help speed up the learning process.
1. 0-60MPH @ 1/4 throttle position, then slow down and come to a complete stop
2. 0-60MPH @ 1/2 throttle position, then slow down and come to a complete stop
3. 0-80MPH @ wide open throttle position, then slow down and come to a complete stop

#4 ·
I did mine right after installing the tune, drove it to warm up and then did the three runs. The truck does feel very responsive at lower speed, or tappy, like it just wants to take off. I would say be careful on the WOT run, and make sure nothing will get stuck on the pedal. My floor mat slid up beause I was missing the little hook that suppose to keep it in place, anyways I thought I had a runaway truck or something electronically went wrong, but it was a little scary for a second with that truck at WOT and not slowing down, yes my brakes did slow me down, but it surely did take off again when I let off the brakes. Have fun

#5 ·
Do you think that it is the tuning making the trans shift weird or do you think its the trans itself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.