Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for best drag tires and size

11K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
Going to the track, a few questions:
What is the best/fastest drag tire and size may as well save the 35's for the street?
At what boost should I launch at?
Anyone run recent times with a Spartan 250 and 350?

Thanks

#2 ·
I like the Mickey Thompson slicks. But if you want them for the streets you could get the ET streets instead of the ET drag. But if you want a radial go with the drag radials.

#4 ·
I run Proxes on my truck every day. The load is not 2,000 lbs though. They are just over 3,000 each. 305/50/20's in the ST2's. My recommendation is either Nitto 420's for a good drag/street tire or the Mickey Thompson ET Streets for a complete drag tire.

Run the 310 tune. It's the best track tune we offer. Leave the line at around 15-18 psi in 4wd high. :thumb:

#7 ·
Go with Nitto 420's.

As far as the 350 tune goes, it is not as quick in the 1/4 mile as the 310 tune. I have track times from the same night to back this up. Matt and I plan to work on some files this summer to see if it can be made quicker than the 310. The dyno shows more power, but the track does not.

#8 ·
That is not "drag racing", that is truck pulling. I recommend running a soft all terrain tire for that. Seems like that could bust a street tire with all of the stress on the rear tires.

As far as a tune to run, that is up to you. It looks to be less stress than a sled pull, and guys run the 275 and 310 tunes while sled pulling. I say start low and work your way up. Watch your temps and see which tune seems to stay in check but still pulls well.

#13 ·
I started looking into this when some guys in my office decided they wanted to run at out local drag strip (however they all have cars). I figured the lightest wheel that will fit is stock 17s from 03-07. And I have Street ETs on my Trans Am. Spin em once and you won't spin em again until they cool down. When they are hot I pick up everything on the road for at least 300-400 feet. They are literally like glue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.