Ford v. Dodge Tuner ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford v. Dodge Tuner ???

Just trying to get and idea, most of us 6.4's run the spartan or H&S and unless you get custom tunes the power is pretty close, from what I have read.

Now, what kind of tuners do most dodges run? does their power copmare to a tuned 6.4? It seems like every dodge that sees me wants to cut me off and blow some smoke. A few have been put in there place. I know some tuners are better for different engines. Just trying to get an idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Most of the newer higher horsepower dodges with the 6.7 run smarty tuning, I know on my buddies dodge that's what he runs and at PHPs dyno day put down 473hp and 1131tq that's a 6 speed truck with just the DPF and EGR deletes, a air dog and a AFE mega cannon exhaust along with the Smarty.... There was another guy there with a 6.7 dodge running the H&S programmer he said it was on the hot damn tune I think he put down 430hp and like 9xxtq
Old 03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Our top sellers for the Dodge 6.7L are H&S, then Smarty. They have good power, but the trans struggles with it.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 PM

Put too much power through the Dodge tranny, and you will be laying down some cash.

We are lucky to have the Torqshift....it is a pretty stout unit from the factory.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbrowder View Post
Put too much power through the Dodge tranny, and you will be laying down some cash.

We are lucky to have the Torqshift....it is a pretty stout unit from the factory.
That's why a lot of the fast 6.7 auto dodge trucks are still running the 4speed out of the earlier common rail trucks the only 6.7 I have personal experience with is a 6 speed tho but the 5.9 my buddy had had a full billet goerend Trans behind it and it was a beast!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Having just come from the Dodge world it is all over the place, but the most prevelant are the Smarty, TST & Edge. In fact the Smarty and TST are often stacked.

I had the Edge Juice w/Attitude on my 2000 2500 and I will never own another Edge product as long as I live, failed within the first year and took over a month to get an RGA# then it took 4 months to finally get the correct unit sent to me after sending me 3 incorrect. Replacement lasted all of 4 months and died.

Not sure about the 6.7, never had any real experience with those.

As far as transmissions, the 4 speed was a p.o.s., I replaced mine with a Suncoast, but ATS is a very popular choice for the Dodges and excellent transmission, would have gotten it but got a slightly better price from Suncoast that unfortunately changed after the transmission was shipped (they conveniently ommitted shipping from my out the door price). That was one of my worst customer service experiences ever, also had some issues after install that were eventually ironed out, but the tranny is awesome.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBigEd View Post
That was one of my worst customer service experiences ever, also had some issues after install that were eventually ironed out, but the tranny is awesome.
well from when you ordered your trans and what they are now are totally different. They have new owners now and their service has stepped up from the past. And if you ever need to get a hold of someone talk to Dallas he'll get you hooked up. Or call any one of the vendors. My choice is Aaron from rudy's
Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's good to hear, I dealt with the old owners wife, she was flat out rude for no reason. That place went down hill after the original owner died and his wife tried to run it.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The fastest 6.7 I know of ran tuning from Smarty. Truck is a QC/SB 07.5 model truck built by Black's Diesel Performance. Fastest pass on fuel was 10.7X and fastest pass ever was a 10.49 on a small single stage of nitrous.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
The fastest 6.7 I know of ran tuning from Smarty. Truck is a QC/SB 07.5 model truck built by Black's Diesel Performance. Fastest pass on fuel was 10.7X and fastest pass ever was a 10.49 on a small single stage of nitrous.

Arons truck was nasty! Hopefully he turns his new 6.7 ford into a beast as well lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.