Potential EGR Valve issue with Spartan V2 Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Potential EGR Valve issue with Spartan V2 Tunes

There are several of us over on the spartan forum who are seeing issues with their EGR not cycling since updating to the V2 spartan tunes. The parameter to watch is Commanded EGR. Post up details about your truck and if your EGR valve is cycling with the new V2 tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Note that this is not all trucks with V2. There are also trucks with the V2 update that do not have the issue. I would love to blame it on the EGR valve, but none of these guys seem to be throwing codes. Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 AM

bump...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya i have never seen my % move and i have my alarm set to 1%. Even on stock dpf off,125,175,210,250 tune. But spartan told me that the egr cycles when it needs to and doesn't do it all the time. So i'll keep an eye on it
Old 03-17-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
ya i have never seen my % move and i have my alarm set to 1%. Even on stock dpf off,125,175,210,250 tune. But spartan told me that the egr cycles when it needs to and doesn't do it all the time. So i'll keep an eye on it
the 250 should cycle while idling and i think the 210 is the same way. All the other lower tunes should cycle all the time but mine doesnt cycle at any time on any tunes.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebryan View Post
the 250 should cycle while idling and i think the 210 is the same way. All the other lower tunes should cycle all the time but mine doesnt cycle at any time on any tunes.
yup you got it right but i've never seen it move on any of the tunes i listed. and got no codes ether.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:31 AM

I've had the 250 V2 loaded ever since it first came out and I can here mine cycling at Idle. Always does it whenever it's sitting for a few minutes. Have never had any issues with it. Once my warranty is up I'm doing the EGR delete. Still have another 3 years though.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLOSIV View Post
I've had the 250 V2 loaded ever since it first came out and I can here mine cycling at Idle. Always does it whenever it's sitting for a few minutes. Have never had any issues with it. Once my warranty is up I'm doing the EGR delete. Still have another 3 years though.
check the monitor and make sure its openeing because mine sounds like its cycling but the dashdaq shows its not.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 PM

Ok guys. Over at the Spartan forum we have pinpointed the problem and come up with a workaround for getting your EGR to cycle. The problem here seems to be with people with the new v2 update who do not have their EGT sensors plugged into their exhaust. The workaround here is to pull your EGT sensors out of your stock exhaust and plug them into the plugs underneath and tie them up out of the way. Several of us have tried this and within a few minutes of having the sensors plugged back in our EGR's starting cycling. Post up if this works for your truck!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebryan View Post
Ok guys. Over at the Spartan forum we have pinpointed the problem and come up with a workaround for getting your EGR to cycle. The problem here seems to be with people with the new v2 update who do not have their EGT sensors plugged into their exhaust. The workaround here is to pull your EGT sensors out of your stock exhaust and plug them into the plugs underneath and tie them up out of the way. Several of us have tried this and within a few minutes of having the sensors plugged back in our EGR's starting cycling. Post up if this works for your truck!
Do you not have the bungs for the EGT sensors to screw back into the delete pipe? I didn't do a full system when I replaced my DPF/DOC so I have bungs that I can screw my EGT sensors back in. I guess maybe some of the Full Delete series pipes don't have bungs for the sensors???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.