Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

heed help! i cannot remove the key from my truck!?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Powerstroke Happy 
#1 ·
i didnt know exactly where to post this so if its in the wrong spot maybe a mod can move it. title should say need not heed can someone fix that so i dont look like a tard lol

i have a 2009 6.4 ccsb i bought last week, two days ago i got my black maxx and installed it with the dpf on and everything else (my 5" dp exhaust should be here friday).
anyways i was driving it tonight and when i got home i shut the truck off but couldnt remove the key from the igntion and there is a light on the dash that blinks at me about 4 times, the one with the lock (i think would be the security light). it still starts and everything i just cant remove the key????:dunno:

what happened guys? what can i do to fix it??? the truck only has 18000 miles on it
thanks

#3 ·
the only thing that comes to mind is the shifter may not be all the way up to park and all the way forward. Maybe try turning the steering wheel back and forth. I have had both issues with my 04 f-450.

#5 ·
What he^^^^ said. Put her in park. That would be my guess??

#7 ·
shifter is for sure all the way in park. i put it in drive then park numerous times also turned the wheel back and forth many times. just for the hell of it i did uninstall the blackmaxx with no luck. does every trucks sercurity light blink about 4 times after shutting off? maybe i never noticed it before???

#8 · (Edited)
At least you wont have to worry about losing your truck keys:rofl:

#11 ·
Had the same thing happen twice. It was they way the steering wheel was turned, had a little pressure on it. It was halfway turned, and when I shut the truck off it got tighter because the power steering pump obviously shuts off. Leaving pressure on the wheel. Just grabbed the wheel and put some pressure the other way and boom, the key lock released and out came the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.