Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pulled the trigger on my MINI MAXX

4K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  ThirdCoastStroker 
#1 ·
anyone have any advice to what tunes to run when towing...less than 10,000 and a more than 15,000, also what is best tune to run for good fuel economy when im not towin,

advice on where to set my defuel parameters as well.

and what does eot and ect mean?

thanks for the advice guys

#2 ·
eot is Engine Oil Temp, and ect is Engine Coolant Temp. As far as the rest, I can't help. I have an SCT. How do you like your tires?

#3 ·
I love the tires have not had em in mud or sand yet but they rode like a dream on the highway we are having an LSP G2G on the beach 2 weeks from now so I will find out howbthey do in the sand then

#5 ·
:woot: cant wait

#6 ·
For your defuel parameters it really depends on how you want to treat the truck. If you want to keep it safe and conservative set the boost at like 40 and egt at 1100-1200 and you can either leave the coolant at 220 or move it lower if you would like. I havent really adjusted any of the initial defuel settings yet. Just observing how it normally runs and going from there.

#7 ·
yeah i want to keep it conservative...main reason i got it is for fuel economy and to make my engine last longer get rid of dpf/doc and regens, also the egr, but i dont want it defueling when im pulling the boat getting up on the highway and passing vehicles i dont want it to be defueling

#9 ·
im sure my foot will reach the floor from time to time...but at least if the wife asks i got it to save money on fuel!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

#10 ·
You will not be disappointed. I just put the mini max and full 4 inch exhaust on my wifes truck... she absolutely loves her truck now with just the wild tune.

Tonight I am putting her intake on, so for her drive tomorrow she will get the hot damn tune. She has reported that the mileage has gone up a little as well.

#11 ·
ok guys my tuner came in today but delte pipe and intake will not be in until friday, can install my tuner and run it with stock intake and dpf on? how high can i run it safely without having my afe intake on?

also how do you run the wires through the dash down to the bottom ?

#12 ·
You will only be running DPF ON tunes so not have your AFE intake really won't matter. As far as running the wires kinda personal preference thing. Depends on where you are going to have your mini maxx attached at. Mines close to the door pillar, so I just ran the wire behind the door seal and down to the OBD port.

#13 ·
im mounting it with the dash mount kit that goes right above the a/c vent, might use the suction cup for now until i can have that thing paint matched :dunno:

so i can run it on the highest "dpf on" setting without the intake?

#14 ·
Yes, I think the highest DPF on tune is 150. Most people on will tell you that you don't have to worry about a new intake until you hit the 250 and up tunes. The only thing about running it with the DPF on tunes is the increase in the number of regens. So I would get it all swapped out ASAP, but a couple of days won't matter.

#15 ·
yeah i will def. have the dpf/doc delete and afe intake on this weekend for sure!!!

#16 ·
so i got the tuner installed last night...and i was blown away by the amount of power i got with even the DPF present, cant wait for the removal of dpf and install the intake, i read on there that for trucks with 3" or taller rear blocks you need traction bars??

my truck is an f350 so stock it has 4" blocks i think do i need to get traction bars?
are any of you guys running the hot damn tune and have stock suspension set up?

#17 ·
i also have a stock height f350 and i am running the hot damn tune. I will probably get PMF traction blocks in the future but i am in no hurry to do that. I think you will be fine.

#18 ·
Kool sounds good...im still on the mile tunes that came loaded on the h&s dpf present and wow...cant wait for the rest

#19 ·
i loaded the hot damn tunes from the h&s website with the 55 tc lockup. i dont think the back tires like me :hehe:

#20 ·
did you do that before the dfp delete?

im kinda scared to..im going to delete the dpf saturday morning

#21 ·
no i did the minimaxx, turbo back exhaust and s&b intake all in the same day. I would not run a dpf off tune with the dpf present.

#22 ·
I didnt mean dpf off tune i just meant go from the "dpf present mild tunes" to the "dpf present hot tunes"

#23 ·
oh no. When i ran the hot tunes i had the dpf off

#24 ·
cool, have you ever noticed when your in park idling your rpm start to rise to about 1000?
ive noticed that

#25 ·
yea mine does too. I believe its the high idle feature

#26 ·
cool thought i was the only one...glad to hear that

#28 ·
Nate i wanna say thanks for the quick shipment and great customer service on the order...i was very satisfied with the way yall handle your business

#31 ·
how do these temps look...this was taken sitting at a red light as i exited the highway this morning after a 15 min drive running 75 mph the wholeway to work
everything look ok?

i am still running on the dpf present mild setting that came preloaded on the tuner, have not downloaded any new tunes and havent deleted the dpf or put on the intake yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.