Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

WHAT HAPPEN?

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  fenner408 
#1 ·
SO 2DAY I TAKE MY BUDDY FOR A RIDE IN MY TRUCK, 2008 F-350. MINIMAX TUNER W/ HOTDAMN SETTING/4IN PIPE ALL THE WAY BACK/AFE AIRFILTER. I FLOORED IT FROM ABOUT 5-10 MPH :dunno::dunno:AND SHE TOOK OFF PRETTY GOOD, HOWEVER AT ABOUT 70MPH THE TRUCK JUST BOGGED DOWN AND LOST POWER FOR ABOUT 1-2 SECONDS. I BACKED OFF AND THE TRUCK IS FINE. A SEEN THE PYRO1 AT 940, THATS THE ONLY GAUGE I SAW WHEN IT HAPPENED. WHAT DO U THINK?

#2 ·
Did the Mini beep when you lost power. If it did you hit one of the defuel levels and it detuned down a level or 2. I am guessing it had to much boost. Check your settings on the Mini for defuel.

#4 ·
I only have the EGT and the boost set to defuel. Boost at 42 and EGT at 1,400. I don't worry about temps because i always let the truck warm up before getting on it and i just keep my eyes on the coolant temps.

#12 ·
You could have hit 45psi. I find that when the converter locks and you have it floored it really makes boost quickly. My opinion for what it is worth i wouldn't go higher than 45 but maybe other members can chime in. I guess if you where drag racing you could go higher for the short period it takes you to get through the 1/4. Again thats just my opinion hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

#13 ·
Mine will do the exact same thing. From a rolling start 3/4-full throttle, it will loose power and when it happens its always from 3rd to 4th gear. I have a Black Maxx with the only defuels on is EOT, ECT, and trans temp, so its not defueling. Feels like the TC is trying to lock up or the throttle is cutting out.

#15 ·
I'm over 50 psi a lot, so 42 is safe.

#16 ·
I'm over 50 psi a lot, so I'd say 42 is safe.

#20 ·
Mine never beeped the boost and pyro defuel is off. I think it is either throttle controller is junk, TC is trying to lock, or its going to 5th instead of 4th

#21 ·
mine will run right past 50psi in hot damn... scared the hell out of me. I set the defuel to 50 and called it a day.

#22 ·
So I just head that it could be the trans slipping and the truck defueling once it detects it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.