another tuner question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: independence, ky
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another tuner question

I hate the search feature on here, it gives to many BS posts. Since there has been all this DRAMA about different tuners I have actually learned a couple of things, but one of my questions is what is the innovative tunes? I am crystal clear on H&S and Spartan. I was about to pull the trigger on a minimax but just want to make sure im not missing out. Innovative uses what tuner? do you only get one tune or are there multiple levels like the others. While we are at it whats the deal with KEM. Seams like they/he have good tunes to. I guess you can contact who ever that is, get the SD card and load it to a minimax right? Then you have all h&s tunes as well as KEM? Whats the charge for that. Now Im thinking a minimaxx for sure because I can get KEM tunes also. Downfall is the 50k truck broke me and im on a budget. I want guages(minimaxx) but XRT pro is still a thought. Is innovative a less expensive option with just as good of tunes and slightly less appealing gauges? Im lost please give me some budget friendly advice.

Edit: who is Erik? is that innovattive?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 6.4 tow rig; 03-11-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: another question
6.4 tow rig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Matt@SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eric is Innovative Diesel.
Matt@SCT is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DSTRBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
I hate the search feature on here, it gives to many BS posts. Since there has been all this DRAMA about different tuners I have actually learned a couple of things, but one of my questions is what is the innovative tunes? I am crystal clear on H&S and Spartan. I was about to pull the trigger on a minimax but just want to make sure im not missing out. Innovative uses what tuner? do you only get one tune or are there multiple levels like the others. While we are at it whats the deal with KEM. Seams like they/he have good tunes to. I guess you can contact who ever that is, get the SD card and load it to a minimax right? Then you have all h&s tunes as well as KEM? Whats the charge for that. Now Im thinking a minimaxx for sure because I can get KEM tunes also. Downfall is the 50k truck broke me and im on a budget. I want guages(minimaxx) but XRT pro is still a thought. Is innovative a less expensive option with just as good of tunes and slightly less appealing gauges? Im lost please give me some budget friendly advice.

Edit: who is Erik? is that innovattive?
I suggest going with an H&S Tuner and running the files that come with it. They are excellent running tunes that have more power than 99% of people out there will ever use. H&S also has several different updates/changes on their site you can download for free if you want to try something different.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


ICON Vehicle Dynamics | S&B Intakes | MBRP Exhaust | American Force Wheels | Diamond Eye | AFE Intakes | Carli Suspension | Industrial Injection | Garrett Turbos | FASS | Method Wheels | Bilstein Shocks | Airdog | KMC Wheels | Spartan | RSouth Bend Clutch | SCT | Edge Products | ATS Diesel | Bullydog | BMF Wheels | AMP Research | & much more....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DSTRBD is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: independence, ky
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well and thats why I was thinking Minimaxx, I just want to ditch the DPF and have access to horsepower even though I will probably leave it in the lowest of mild settings. Ill be honest what really got me thinking about going another way though was when I went to the H&S forum and saw all the low speed shifting issues being talked about. I only put about 6k on my truck a year, but alot of that is city and or towing. Luckily I have an 08 and it looks like the shifting issues are in the 10's . But then I also saw someting about 08 and some TCS something for the transmission. Can you shed some light on my job 1 08


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 6.4 tow rig; 03-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.
6.4 tow rig is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator


 
LFD132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,148
Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
Well and thats why I was thinking Minimaxx, I just want to ditch the DPF and have access to horsepower even though I will probably leave it in the lowest of mild settings. Ill be honest what really got me thinking about going another way though was when I went to the H&S forum and saw all the low speed shifting issues being talked about. I only put about 6k on my truck a year, but alot of that is city and or towing. Luckily I have an 08 and it looks like the shifting issues are in the 10's . But then I also saw someting about 08 and some TCS something for the transmission. Can you shed some light on my job 1 08
Shifting issues with H&S and the 2010's is news to me. I had spartan as my first tuner and now I have H&S. Not to bash anybody, but IMO the H&S was a much smoother shifting tuner.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]2013 F250 FX4
LFD132 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: independence, ky
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats good news. I hadnt heard anything about that here either, and when I went to H&S site I saw several post on the forum there that made me a bit concerned. I think I have seen enough positive posts though to out weigh any negatives. Seems H&S has their stuff together and makes these trucks run the way they should. Can anybody explain the KEM tunes though. Im still unsure that aspect of the minimaxx


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6.4 tow rig is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!


 
ThirdCoastStroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 5,724
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im about to pull the trigger on an h&s because of the abilities of transmission patterns to pick from, also the price is in my budget


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Casey

New Truck
15' F-350 King Ranch 4x4 CCLB
Platinum White / Caribou Metallic
Stock for now!

Old Truck
08' F-350 King Ranch 4x4 CCSB
H&S Mini Maxx 300 HD
5" Straight Pipe to 7" rolled tip
AFE S2 PDS
ARP Head Studs
FloPro EGR Delete with Intake Elbow
FloPro CAC pipe
Rebuilt beefed up OEM Up pipes
Deisel Site Coolant Filter
Firestone RideRite Airbags
Leveled
35X12.50R20 ProComp Xtreme A/T
Ranch Hand Front and Rear Replacement Bumpers
ThirdCoastStroker is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator


 
LFD132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,148
Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
Thats good news. I hadnt heard anything about that here either, and when I went to H&S site I saw several post on the forum there that made me a bit concerned. I think I have seen enough positive posts though to out weigh any negatives. Seems H&S has their stuff together and makes these trucks run the way they should. Can anybody explain the KEM tunes though. Im still unsure that aspect of the minimaxx
Just another option for you to choose from. You can get the mini maxx from H&S and have their stock tunes (which are awesome tunes), and then later on if you choose you can purchase tunes written by Mike at KEM that you can use on the mini maxx, or you can simply buy the mini maxx from Mike at KEM with his custom tunes already installed on it. You can also run some other tunes on it, but I am not really up on the others. Somebody else can chime in here.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]2013 F250 FX4

Last edited by LFD132; 03-11-2011 at 02:37 PM.
LFD132 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Member
 
jdiesel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plainfield IN
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Innovative Diesel only currently tunes on the SCT platform. KEM also tunes on the SCT platform. So If you can live with the SCT livewire you could run tunes from both tuners.
jdiesel_us is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 553
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Using an XRT PRO, and love it. Cant beat the price


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Ford F250 FX4 Supercab Shortbed Powerstroke Diesel
2006 Ford F350 XL Regular Cab 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel - SOLD
AW794 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome