another tuner question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another tuner question

I hate the search feature on here, it gives to many BS posts. Since there has been all this DRAMA about different tuners I have actually learned a couple of things, but one of my questions is what is the innovative tunes? I am crystal clear on H&S and Spartan. I was about to pull the trigger on a minimax but just want to make sure im not missing out. Innovative uses what tuner? do you only get one tune or are there multiple levels like the others. While we are at it whats the deal with KEM. Seams like they/he have good tunes to. I guess you can contact who ever that is, get the SD card and load it to a minimax right? Then you have all h&s tunes as well as KEM? Whats the charge for that. Now Im thinking a minimaxx for sure because I can get KEM tunes also. Downfall is the 50k truck broke me and im on a budget. I want guages(minimaxx) but XRT pro is still a thought. Is innovative a less expensive option with just as good of tunes and slightly less appealing gauges? Im lost please give me some budget friendly advice.

Edit: who is Erik? is that innovattive?

Last edited by 6.4 tow rig; 03-11-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: another question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Eric is Innovative Diesel.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
I hate the search feature on here, it gives to many BS posts. Since there has been all this DRAMA about different tuners I have actually learned a couple of things, but one of my questions is what is the innovative tunes? I am crystal clear on H&S and Spartan. I was about to pull the trigger on a minimax but just want to make sure im not missing out. Innovative uses what tuner? do you only get one tune or are there multiple levels like the others. While we are at it whats the deal with KEM. Seams like they/he have good tunes to. I guess you can contact who ever that is, get the SD card and load it to a minimax right? Then you have all h&s tunes as well as KEM? Whats the charge for that. Now Im thinking a minimaxx for sure because I can get KEM tunes also. Downfall is the 50k truck broke me and im on a budget. I want guages(minimaxx) but XRT pro is still a thought. Is innovative a less expensive option with just as good of tunes and slightly less appealing gauges? Im lost please give me some budget friendly advice.

Edit: who is Erik? is that innovattive?
I suggest going with an H&S Tuner and running the files that come with it. They are excellent running tunes that have more power than 99% of people out there will ever use. H&S also has several different updates/changes on their site you can download for free if you want to try something different.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well and thats why I was thinking Minimaxx, I just want to ditch the DPF and have access to horsepower even though I will probably leave it in the lowest of mild settings. Ill be honest what really got me thinking about going another way though was when I went to the H&S forum and saw all the low speed shifting issues being talked about. I only put about 6k on my truck a year, but alot of that is city and or towing. Luckily I have an 08 and it looks like the shifting issues are in the 10's . But then I also saw someting about 08 and some TCS something for the transmission. Can you shed some light on my job 1 08

Last edited by 6.4 tow rig; 03-11-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well and thats why I was thinking Minimaxx, I just want to ditch the DPF and have access to horsepower even though I will probably leave it in the lowest of mild settings. Ill be honest what really got me thinking about going another way though was when I went to the H&S forum and saw all the low speed shifting issues being talked about. I only put about 6k on my truck a year, but alot of that is city and or towing. Luckily I have an 08 and it looks like the shifting issues are in the 10's . But then I also saw someting about 08 and some TCS something for the transmission. Can you shed some light on my job 1 08
Shifting issues with H&S and the 2010's is news to me. I had spartan as my first tuner and now I have H&S. Not to bash anybody, but IMO the H&S was a much smoother shifting tuner.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thats good news. I hadnt heard anything about that here either, and when I went to H&S site I saw several post on the forum there that made me a bit concerned. I think I have seen enough positive posts though to out weigh any negatives. Seems H&S has their stuff together and makes these trucks run the way they should. Can anybody explain the KEM tunes though. Im still unsure that aspect of the minimaxx
Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

im about to pull the trigger on an h&s because of the abilities of transmission patterns to pick from, also the price is in my budget
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thats good news. I hadnt heard anything about that here either, and when I went to H&S site I saw several post on the forum there that made me a bit concerned. I think I have seen enough positive posts though to out weigh any negatives. Seems H&S has their stuff together and makes these trucks run the way they should. Can anybody explain the KEM tunes though. Im still unsure that aspect of the minimaxx
Just another option for you to choose from. You can get the mini maxx from H&S and have their stock tunes (which are awesome tunes), and then later on if you choose you can purchase tunes written by Mike at KEM that you can use on the mini maxx, or you can simply buy the mini maxx from Mike at KEM with his custom tunes already installed on it. You can also run some other tunes on it, but I am not really up on the others. Somebody else can chime in here.

Last edited by LFD132; 03-11-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:47 AM

Innovative Diesel only currently tunes on the SCT platform. KEM also tunes on the SCT platform. So If you can live with the SCT livewire you could run tunes from both tuners.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Using an XRT PRO, and love it. Cant beat the price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.