Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Delete DONE! w/ pics

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  superdutydixie 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i finally did it. I got the damn fuel robbing dpf off my truck. It took a little finessing but with the help of my pops, we got it done and for the fraction of the cost. I bought all used parts, 400 (H&S XRT PRO) for the tuner and 250 (4" flo pro) for the exhaust.

Its now a completely different truck. Im very happy with the results. Im currently running the 180hp tune, but can go as high as 250. I will need to get an intake for the 250 tune so im told. I may have to take it to the track and see what this 8000lb pig will run. Im guessing it will be mid 13's, it has a lot of power.

Transfercase skid plate coming off

Disconnected

Stock muffler coming out

Fuel robber. Go hug a tree, ****ing hippy

The previous owner painted the exhaust black, here it is

Up and over the axle

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks guys :icon_ford: :thumb:
How long did it take you?
Hey AW, how long did it take you? Install looks pretty good. :thumb:
It took us about 2-2.5 hrs to get it down, and about an hr to get the new exhaust installed.

what do you do with all the wires and everything? just loom it up and out of the way?
Well i disconnected the wires from the DPF obviously, and just taped them up. The wire loom holds them to the body of the truck and up off the new exhaust.

#5 ·
heh, always find it funny when someone quotes the entire message complete with pics and puts a short comment like this. :) :hehe:

Hey AW, how long did it take you? Install looks pretty good. :thumb:

#4 ·
Nice pics..whew looking at that whopper smog device. reminds me of a jet engine only it makes the vehicle choke instead fly. Very bogus piece with no redeeming factors. EPA should be ashamed.

#10 ·
me and you both and to think that mine came with a muffler 1/4 the size of that thing:doh:

#6 ·
what do you do with all the wires and everything? just loom it up and out of the way?

#7 ·
Got the very same truck, color and all. Mine took about 2 hours with help from one person. We took our time. Made a BIG difference. It is really something to see in person the DOC/DPF and all, laying on the ground. What a POS. No wonder the engine can't run. I taped and stuff the wires up in the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.