Is vendor bias normal here? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is vendor bias normal here?

Is it normal or fair to let Vendors and Reps bias the facts about their products on the forums? Or drop negative innuendo about competing vendors products on the forums. Especially the Tuner and tunes market. Personally I dont think its acceptable to make any claims or statements that may affect a competing vendor negatively without some solid proof. Without some kind of backup facts it just becomes worthless Tainted Info and should be labeled so.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
People are always going to have the favorite vendors or tuners.

Got any examples of the bias?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was going to ask the same.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 AM

I know who you are talking about I have been following that other thread. Just to let you know, what he has said about the KEM 345 on the dyno is true. It seemed to run shy of even the Hot Damn H&S tune. I was there and was standing right in front of the computer screen... Idk how any of his posts could offend you or anything though. I mean KEM is his competition but any info he gives isnt just stuff he made up. I'm not a 6.4 guy but I keep a look out on yalls forums to help my dad out when he gets ready to get his tunes but I enjoy watching the war between KEM Spartan and H&S lol. I'm not taking anyones side or anything but I do think competition is a good thing I, personally, would be dissapointed if I bought a 345 tune and it was only 275 at best though
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Banned

I hear you Dave..

Blue oval Boys , Yeah I new Jeff was talking right out of the dyno charts.

The other guy , I coulnt figure out where he had got His KEM 345 shift issue info. When I read his post I thought he had some facts about the matter. I should have just asked him if it was his 2 centavos worth from the beginning. Maybe That would have avoided the defensiveness that got into the picture.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM

I have been reading the other thread as well, it seems to me that if you are considering purchasing the KEM tune, you would like as much info as possible. When someone posts a glowing review, I didnt see you ask for solid "proof" or to back up their statement, but when a guy posts that his experience wasnt perfect, you jump all over him. Seems quite strange to me. When I am in the market to spend my cash, I like to take in as much feedback as possible, then try to decipher it as best I can... good luck in your quest!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin619 View Post
I have been reading the other thread as well, it seems to me that if you are considering purchasing the KEM tune, you would like as much info as possible. When someone posts a glowing review, I didnt see you ask for solid "proof" or to back up their statement, but when a guy posts that his experience wasnt perfect, you jump all over him. Seems quite strange to me. When I am in the market to spend my cash, I like to take in as much feedback as possible, then try to decipher it as best I can... good luck in your quest!
Thanks for your feedback

Yeah, thats real cool, yes I like glowing reviews when Im ready to buy.. Thats my nature for certain.

I didnt jump the guy for less than perfect review, I wish I hadnt jumped him at all. Anyway I jumped him for making factual statements and wanted to know where he got his facts( back it up). I have no problem with anyones 2cents worth , as a consumer of these products, all of my postings are My 2cents worth so I dont need to prove anything.

If I did make the statement "KEM has shift issues" or any statement of fact about anything I would be ready to back it up. Thats the way it is where I come from.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
Is it normal or fair to let Vendors and Reps bias the facts about their products on the forums? Or drop negative innuendo about competing vendors products on the forums. Especially the Tuner and tunes market. Personally I dont think its acceptable to make any claims or statements that may affect a competing vendor negatively without some solid proof. Without some kind of backup facts it just becomes worthless Tainted Info and should be labeled so.
I guess I don't understand the reason for you starting this thread or at least what you have stated in it. You are not happy with a certain member on here and his opinion, but yet you start a thread directed towards vendors or their reps who show bias towards certain products????? Where did that come from? Since when are opinions on here censored? You want facts go buy the tunes yourself and try them out. People don't have to provide you with documented facts on here.

I started the thread comparing the KEM345 and the hot damn tune. It was going along fine til you jumped in there and started demanding people give you facts.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
I guess I don't understand the reason for you starting this thread or at least what you have stated in it. You are not happy with a certain member on here and his opinion, but yet you start a thread directed towards vendors or their reps who show bias towards certain products????? Where did that come from? Since when are opinions on here censored? You want facts go buy the tunes yourself and try them out. People don't have to provide you with documented facts on here.

I started the thread comparing the KEM345 and the hot damn tune. It was going along fine til you jumped in there and started demanding people give you facts.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post

Congratz on starting your thread and your 2cents worth is fine with me. But Maybe your taking this to personal? Its about insuring competing vendor integrity on an open forum, Not whether or not I like someone.
Take some time and check out the Spartan vs KEM war , then figure it all out before spouting any confusion over whats been said and Why.
Whether People as well as vendors can and should provide documentation "When" they go stating facts about the integrity or lack of quality of vendors products. That is what this thread is suppose to be about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.