Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New 6.4 Update from Ford

22K views 100 replies 51 participants last post by  hodge1995 
#1 ·
Hey Guys
Just wanted to let everybody know that Ford came out with a new strategy for the 6.4 the new strategy is FS0P30. If you take your truck into Ford and they reflash it to this strategy the device will not work. We are working on getting this strategy supported and dont have a ETA on release, once it is released I will let you guys know. Thanks

#2 ·
Does this affect all tuners? I don't have a tuner yet, but want one in the near future. If Ford does this reflash to my truck will it affect my future plans on purchasing a tuner (i.e. not let the tuner function)? What about guys with tuners already on there trucks?

#3 ·
SCT doesnt have base files for this update yet.

You wont be able to tune it until they do

#7 ·
What about those of us with a Spartan tuner?

#21 ·
Totally Awesome!

#15 ·
Bad news. This new flash prevents any after market "tuning" and this is in the Ford TSB for latest flash. Scroll down for details.

GOTCHA!!! LOL

#17 ·
yikes... my heart just changed beats!:crazy: That was good and it's not April 1st!

#18 ·
Just got the letter yesterday. Im gonna get a Mini Maxx in the future, just not real soon due to $$$ constraints. Probably at least 6 months out if not longer. Do you think I should get the flash from Ford. I haven't seen too many guys with. H&S having issues with there tuners after the flash. Sounds like as long as its not tuned while Ford has it, and then you get the lastest up date from H&S you're good to go. Am I wrong?

#22 ·
Wait so if I was about to get a h&s tuner, exhaust, and intake in like a week or so what should i do because i am taking my truck in on thursday to get the 30K check up?

#23 ·
Good question, I have the same one. Seems no one has the answer though. I see on here that SCT guys can't use there tuners after the flash. But haven't seen any info regarding the H&S tuners. I guess we'll have to keep waiting ...

#27 ·
Thats why I am asking. If i get the update will i be able to put all that on or should i not get the update? Im just not exactly sure when i am getting the programmer and exhaust.

#34 ·
Yes. Not only anyone, but also someone!

According to the notice... it improves some fault detection capabilities. Examples given are water-in-fuel reduced power mode,engine coolant temp. monitoring, etc.

#35 ·
Hi there, I have been doing some research on the 6.4’s because I want to update my 7.3. Yesterday I was at the dealer running a VIN number on a truck I have been thinking about purchasing and this new TSB came up for the vehicle that I am looking at. Below is what Ford says is the reason for the program change.

Reason for this Program

In some of the affected vehicles, customers could experience on of a combination of the following symptoms: illuminated Malfunction Indicator light or wrench light, runs rough, reduced power, excessive smoke from exhaust, fuel smell from the crankcase, coolant loss, and /or unusual engine noise. These symptoms could be caused by concerns that may eventually result in significant engine damage and a lengthy, costly service repair. Ford has developed calibration improvements to the Powertrain Control Module with improved fault detection capabilities that allows the vehicle to quickly detect and react to issues before damage occurs.

That is word for word what the printout says from Ford. Also in talking the service manager he said something about some of the engines that were low on coolant (due to any number of reason) that the temp gauge would not warn that the engine was running hot until things were too late. He said this update was to also address that. He did not say anything about the regen message or about if it would increase fuel mileage but I sure hope that this update from Ford would be addressing some of those concerns also.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

#37 ·
does anyone have any advice or info about if I get the reflash will it affect me from being able to put a programmer and exhaust on it after the reflash?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.