Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Delete dpf still under warranty

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
I was wondering if I should go ahead with the dpf delete while the truck is still under factory warranty. It has 74k on it and good to 2013. I have read how good it is to get the dpf off, but just wondering if it makes that big of difference to go ahead and do it. Thanks for the help..Chris

#3 ·
:ditto: you wont regret it.

#4 ·
I did mine with 19k on the truck and the guys on here are right you will never look back. Wow the truck is totally different. I wanted better mileage so i put it on. The power is crazy just with the 80 horsepower tune and the truck just wants to run now it does not feel bogged down like before. I see a solid three for mileage gains.

#5 ·
As long as your comfortable with the mods, then go for it.

The only downsides to doing it are if you have annual inspections, roadside inspections in your state or you pay allot of visits to the dealer, as you will need to reattach the DPF and reflash the PCM every time. There has been a number of posts about the PCM getting corrupt during the reflash which will result in you having to pay a visit to the dealer to get it fixed.

#7 ·
Warranty shmorranty.:D

Seriously though, the 6.4L is one of the safest platforms to modify on the market. As long as you dont abuse it, you will be just fine. Also, using aftermarket parts on your truck doesnt mean your warranty is automatically voided.
VERY true, BUT good luck trying to fight it =(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.