Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

5" exhaust with no reducer?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Vettester 
#1 ·
I have a Flo Pro downpipe back 5" exhaust with muffler. my old exhaust is on the floor and I laid out the new pipes next to it. the 4" diameter part that gets you back past the trans crossmember has no way to go up to the 5". is there possibly a 4-5" adapter that fell out of the box in transit? I have 5 clamps and 1 bolt on hanger with it, but that would put me 1 or 2 clamps short with a reducer.

HELP! I'm at work and need to get this in before tomorrow so I can drive home...:doh: this always happens to me somehow.

#4 ·
On mine there is a 4" piece from the downpipe that is about 30" long and the second piece has a 4" inlet and 5" out. It is probably 4' long. So the adapter is built into the second piece

#5 ·
that's what the parts list shows. my second tube that should have that 4" inlet is 5" straight, but the part# matches the pic's. thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'll have to mount the 4" piece and drive it as a short exhaust to get home.

#6 ·
This might sound dumb but when I got my 5" flo pro there was a short 5" piece that was slid onto the section where it necked down to the 4". Ha I stood around forever wondering what I was gonna do then I finally looked close and realized that's where it was! It wasn't one of my proudest moments. Felt like an idiot.

#10 ·
I had 3 coworkers standing there looking at it too and nobody else caught it either. it's terrible when I can rebuild an engine, build custom suspension and drivetrain for my project vehicle... and then feel/look like a total tool on something so simple.:hehe:

good thing is, it's all in and I'm going home this morning with it. I can't wait to see how it drives now! the preliminary test drive was fun!

#11 ·
Man thats great news you found all the parts to complete the install :thumb:. My question concrening the transmission re-learning process is that I live about 5 miles from where I could do the series of 0-60mph and 0-80 runs after my tuner install ? Would I just turn the tuner off until I get to the test run area ? Hope this makes sence !!!

#12 ·
:woot: :woot: very interesting problem and solution....The PS ORG rules..:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.