Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Kem sd card loaded!!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  NathanScott 
#1 ·
I just got the special SD card for the black maxx and loaded the 345 tune that was very easy to do took about 10 min. then took it for a short drive first impressions it shifts better than the hot damn tune more throttle responce with no let off lag! power wise it did feel stronger but need to drive more to get a better feel for it but it does roll a bit more coal with the 345! now i get to see what the mileage does i think i made a good choice going with KEM! Thanks Muj!
Chris

#2 ·
Im Looking forward to your findings. It will help me pull the trigger on my own Hot damn to KEM 345 upgrade. :woot:

#4 ·
How does the install go on these cards. Do you just take out the one in the mini and replace it with the new kem card and then install a tune. Can you switch back to the H&S card when ever you want. Are the kem tunes able to switch on the fly. Appreciate any insight on this i am thinking of getting one of the KEM sd cards.

#5 ·
All you have to do when you get the kem card is remove the h&s card, install the kem card. Then go to update firmware and after that is complete go to install download. You will be able to adjust the tire size and speed limiter, then select the power level (75-345) and wait for it to install. You can reload the h&s files whenever you like by putting their sd card in and following the update steps.

#9 ·
I'm new to the 6.4 I've had mine for about 6 months now. I have the whole dpf delete/minimax/s&b. I'm totally happy with the hot damn tune. That being said. Tell me why yall wanted more power and if yall are worried about the head gaskets with 345 extra hp? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I want to really know!!!

#10 ·
The shift on the fly is not out yet but Mike said there will be no extra charge to update! I drove about 60 miles today shifting is better and the pedal has a quick responce on and off of it i even towed a small excavator no problems didnt even feel it back there! I run it to about 80mph and it was pulling hard still going to play with it though! installing was easy swap the Sd and update the firmware then select a tune simply put the H&S card back in and same process!
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.