Kem sd card loaded!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Kem sd card loaded!!

I just got the special SD card for the black maxx and loaded the 345 tune that was very easy to do took about 10 min. then took it for a short drive first impressions it shifts better than the hot damn tune more throttle responce with no let off lag! power wise it did feel stronger but need to drive more to get a better feel for it but it does roll a bit more coal with the 345! now i get to see what the mileage does i think i made a good choice going with KEM! Thanks Muj!
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke4Fun View Post
I just got the special SD card for the black maxx and loaded the 345 tune that was very easy to do took about 10 min. then took it for a short drive first impressions it shifts better than the hot damn tune more throttle responce with no let off lag! power wise it did feel stronger but need to drive more to get a better feel for it but it does roll a bit more coal with the 345! now i get to see what the mileage does i think i made a good choice going with KEM! Thanks Muj!
Chris
Im Looking forward to your findings. It will help me pull the trigger on my own Hot damn to KEM 345 upgrade.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ordered my Monday.....mike said it was shipped same day.....still waiting for it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 PM

How does the install go on these cards. Do you just take out the one in the mini and replace it with the new kem card and then install a tune. Can you switch back to the H&S card when ever you want. Are the kem tunes able to switch on the fly. Appreciate any insight on this i am thinking of getting one of the KEM sd cards.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 PM

All you have to do when you get the kem card is remove the h&s card, install the kem card. Then go to update firmware and after that is complete go to install download. You will be able to adjust the tire size and speed limiter, then select the power level (75-345) and wait for it to install. You can reload the h&s files whenever you like by putting their sd card in and following the update steps.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geereed View Post
...Are the kem tunes able to switch on the fly...
I asked about that. they are not switch on the fly at this time, but they are working on it. no release time line yet.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Got my kem tunes today.......all I have to say is wow...just backing out of the drive way was impressive. Easy to install....definitely can tell a difference between the 345 and the h &s hot tune. thanks Mike.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:56 PM

I got mine today and loaded that sucker.

Yup!!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm new to the 6.4 I've had mine for about 6 months now. I have the whole dpf delete/minimax/s&b. I'm totally happy with the hot damn tune. That being said. Tell me why yall wanted more power and if yall are worried about the head gaskets with 345 extra hp? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I want to really know!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The shift on the fly is not out yet but Mike said there will be no extra charge to update! I drove about 60 miles today shifting is better and the pedal has a quick responce on and off of it i even towed a small excavator no problems didnt even feel it back there! I run it to about 80mph and it was pulling hard still going to play with it though! installing was easy swap the Sd and update the firmware then select a tune simply put the H&S card back in and same process!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.