Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which program to run

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dim Sum 
#1 ·
I have just installed the H&S XRT Pro programmer , S&B cold air intake , and Diamond Eye DPF/Cat delete and love it. The question is , which program do I 'run to pull my 37' fifth wheel with. I have mild , wild and hot to choose from. Can anyone say any of them are safe to tow with or should I just go with the no power upgrade option.

#3 ·
Bump. I really need some help here. There has to be someone that can help me with this.

#4 · (Edited)
Thats hard to answer because the best towing tunes need Boost-psi and egt monitoring . Without monitoring, yes its probably best to run the Mild tune , it will be safe But youll lose some MPG gains that you would have with the Higher power tunes.

#6 ·
For heavy loads I would start off on the mild or no power and just watch the gauges. If everything seems to be staying in check you could increase power level if you wanted. There is no set "tow tune" with the H&S. Thats just my opinion, its up to you how you want it to run.

#7 ·
when i tow i use the mild setting.

#8 ·
I tow in the mild or stock setting. I have gauges though. Without gauges, I'd probably just leave it stock as it can't hurt to be a little extra careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.