Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

h&s xrt pro or mini maxx...

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Sawed Off 
#1 ·
I am in a pickle... I cant decide on which one to get... I have a boost and EGT gauge in my truck already, so I really don't need the monitor of the mini maxx, but I want to mini maxx for the screen, gauges and also the shift on the fly. Other than the shift on the fly what are the differences in the two? they both hold the same tunes, both can get custom tunes. Also how accurate are the gauges on the mini maxx?

#3 ·
The extra features the Mini has are well worth the extra money. Its very nice to be able to see an exact digital readout on some of the vital temps. I mostly watch the boost, egt, trans temp, engine oil temp and sometimes check the water temp and volts also. Shift on the fly is also great. I don't think there's anything I would change about the Mini, for what it is, it fit my needs perfect.

#4 ·
If you want to monitor your engine parameters , and you have the extra money then pull the trigger on the mini, dude. If you dont have the extra money save up. Like Nate said, its a bad idea for most people, to not be able to monitor the engine Temps and psi's with these level of tunes. Were looking forward to you whoopin and hollerin about your new efficient performance Truck. :wink[3]:

#5 ·
i also say go with the mini maxx. you will enjoy it :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.