Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another MPG question (Sudden drop)

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dieselkane 
#1 ·
I have an 08 F250 4x4 with an SCT tuner and DPF delete. I had been getting decent mileage since installing the tuner and now the mileage has dropped significantly. (17mpg city 22-24mpg highway now dropped to 11mpg city 15 mpg hwy). The truck seems to be running fine, but I can't figure out what has caused the sudden drop. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I have watched my driving, and have been conservative driving around, with no improvement. As for winter fuel, I am not sure, I am in Tennessee, so I don't know if they are shipping winter fuel down here or not. Is it normal to see a big drop like this over the fuel? I have not heard any of my friends complain about their economy dropping this much.

#6 ·
Just put new brakes on yesterday and all seemed fine, just needed pads. I would think that if a turbo was bad I would notice a loss of performance. I have not checked the tire pressure, but will do that. It will stink if something that simple has slipped by me.

#8 ·
I agree. 22-24 MPG is a crazy number, and fairly unrealistic. 17-20 MPG maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.