Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spartan V2 update Egr issues

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wired1 
#1 ·
Well i know that the 250 and under tunes cycle the egr at idle. My problem is i've ran the 210 since i tuned it 2500 miles ago. I have watch the command egr % and have the LL set 0, HL set 100, and HW set to 1 with an alarm and never seen it move off 0 when idling for the past few weeks just to make sure the egr cycles. so i changed to stock dpf off for a few days now and still never moves off 0 %. and i got no codes for stuck egr valve when checking codes in both generic or ford specific. any body else having this issue with the v2 update or know how the egr valve is supposed work? also i am level 2 tunes if that helps, as level 3 has egr off tunes.:beer:

#3 ·
mid 30's for lows and 50's for highs :beer:

#4 ·
I have only tried the 175 & 210 tunes. My egr worked for a while on the 175 but then only when it wanted to. This was the same with the 210 tune. It will kick in once & a while but never stays working. The truck seems to have a noticeable power difference when it works right. Have you noticed a difference in power? I have had the egr replaced when it was stock & even had problems after that. Befor my upgrades. I also have not upgraded my DD. Could it be a bad egr?

#5 ·
well talked to spartan today and i will say talking to them is way better then emailing them. Found out that the egr only cycles now and then when the computer wants it to. so i'll keep an eye on it and let you know. but i will say spartan has good customer service if you call and talk to some one.:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.