custom tunes?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
custom tunes??

i was in atlanta this week and a guy in 6.7 stroke came up to me and told me to go to kemperformance.com and he would send me some custom tunes i already have a 275 inavative tune that was emailed to me and i was wondering if any one has an suggestions or advice one who has the best custom tunes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The guy knew what he was talking about.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so u would go with the kem custom tunes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Well I have the KEM 345 tune on my LiveWire that I specifically purchased just so I can run the 345 tune so my opinion would be slightly biased. However, I spent months on here reading and researching before I was going to make a big purchase on a tuner so I investigated all the options. From my research I found the conclusion that the KEM 345 was indeed the best running overall tune on the market for the 6.4L PowerStroke. A lot of stipulation was argued between the Spartan 310 vs the KEM 345, however I learned that Mike at KEM is the main guru behind most if not all of Spartans tunes that made Spartan successful on here. Whatever the political and personal outfalls there were between Mike and Spartan, Mike came out independently with the 345 custom tune which reportedly runs cooler, shifts smoother, and has the most reviews by people who own both a Spartan tuner and had purchased the KEM 345 tune that say the 345 trumps the Spartan 310 tune. Then Spartan released a firmware update that strictly prohibits using Mikes 345 tune, but Spartan says that Emotion "released a new software for us, so we obviously took it", and acts as if it is only a mere coincidence that the KEM 345 custom tune can no longer be ran on the Spartan tuners. Now Spartan is vigorously working for an update on their 310 tune to regain the top spot, but it looks like it has been taking them a while since the brain behind all their tunes is no longer with them.

Again, my slightly biased opinion on the KEM 345 tune. I have never owned, or even driven in a truck with any other tunes, this is just my conclusion over months of research on these forums. I await the ministry of propaganda to try to shoot me out of the water.

Last edited by JohnnyRecondo; 02-27-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: missing tidbits
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i have herd alot about the KEM tunes on here i have look alot today so im guessin that im gonna go with the KEM tunes. DO you know what tunes he has cause im a lil afraid to run a 345 tune on a stock trans and head studs
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn Johnny, that post pretty much ended every tuner question thread on here
Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 PM

I wanted kem tunes but cant because of the spartan update. so i may look at a livewire or something just to run his tunes because i really like the dash daq. but mike at kem is top notch and i would say run his 210 tune you will really like it. and he can tune from stock to 345 hp
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRecondo View Post
... I await the ministry of propaganda to try to shoot me out of the water...

I feel like this should be required at the end of any possibly controversial statement made on here haha
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak757 View Post
well i have herd alot about the KEM tunes on here i have look alot today so im guessin that im gonna go with the KEM tunes. DO you know what tunes he has cause im a lil afraid to run a 345 tune on a stock trans and head studs
You'll be fine with stock tranny just so you don't beat the crap out of it. I dail drive and tow with mine on stock tranny and headstuds.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I'd try our complete 4 tune package. Power, shifting, and mileage are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.