Codes after SCT install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Codes after SCT install

I just installed the Livewire Extreme on my 6.4 with 4" DPF/Cat delete a couple days ago. The first tune I loaded was the extreme tune. It ran fine for about 25 miles or so. Then I changed to the performance tune and it was good for about 10 miles before the wrench showed up on my dash. I checked the codes and this is what popped up:

UO115-lost communication with ECM/PCM "A"
UO100-lost communication with ECM/PCM "B"
UO101-lost communication with TCM
P244D-exhaust temp too high for DPF regen
P1000-OBD systems readiness test not complete

The truck ran just fine and the tuner was working good as well during this. I tried to clear the codes but they would not go away. I returned the truck to stock, unplugged the tuner and then rebooted but that did'nt help either. I don't think anything is wrong with the truck, just a glitch in the tuner somehow.
What do I need to do, to correct this?? It is quite annoying having to look at that wrench on the display!!
Hopefully I just need to make a call in to SCT and they can walk me through it!! If anyone has any input on this, please chime in and share!!

Also, how can I get an operating manuel for the tuner? I did not recieve one in the package.

Other than that, I am loving this tuner!! Night and day differance with this installed and the extra mpg's are awesome!!
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I can't help you with the codes and such but once you do get it working correctly, give Mike a call over at KEM for some custom tuners. $75 is worth every penny. I couldn't run the canned extreme tune because my tranny was shifting horribly with it. Mike sent me a couple of custom tunes and now I got the power and shifting correct. Not to mention Performance tune 13mpg on highway/ Extreme custom tune 125 18mpg. I had no luck with the SCT staff. Hopefully you will.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cool Questions?

Did you get a question asking you if you deleted your DPF? Did you answer "Yes"? I'm not trying to ask stupid questions, I just know someone who bought a Livewire that was not the "Offroad Version" for DPF Delete and had almost the same issues. He traded the tuner back to the company he bought it from and got the correct one and he was fine. I think they have both a 9625 and a 9625OR - the OR (Off Road) should be the "Delete Kit" Model.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd1050 View Post
Did you get a question asking you if you deleted your DPF? Did you answer "Yes"? I'm not trying to ask stupid questions, I just know someone who bought a Livewire that was not the "Offroad Version" for DPF Delete and had almost the same issues. He traded the tuner back to the company he bought it from and got the correct one and he was fine. I think they have both a 9625 and a 9625OR - the OR (Off Road) should be the "Delete Kit" Model.
I have the 96250R "Livewire Extreme". It asked about the DPF delete and I answered yes. It asked about the EGR delete too and I answered no. I removed the DPF and Cat and replaced with 4". When we did the exhaust install, we could not get the O2 sensor by the muffler off. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm gonna stop by Autozone and pick up a new O2 sensor. Like I said before, the truck is running fine. Just throwin out some codes.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Cool Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman848 View Post
When we did the exhaust install, we could not get the O2 sensor by the muffler off. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
That will do it - the SCT Tuners need all the sensor feedback to work properly.

Quote:
I'm gonna stop by Autozone and pick up a new O2 sensor. Like I said before, the truck is running fine. Just throwin out some codes.
I'm not sure that Autozone will have those - you may have to go to Ford! Here's the part number for the 3 sensors on the stock unit - 8C3Z-12B591-D.
As a matter of fact, here's a great thread with the other number too:

Spartan Installation Advice
Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 PM

The U codes are caused by the SCT when you read the codes. The p1000 is because the truck did not go through the reset cycle since the battery was disconnected or the reprogram. The P244D is what is setting the light. If the temp sensor is missing I believe the truck will eventually not start, but not 100%
Old 02-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd1050 View Post
That will do it - the SCT Tuners need all the sensor feedback to work properly.

I'm not sure that Autozone will have those - you may have to go to Ford! Here's the part number for the 3 sensors on the stock unit - 8C3Z-12B591-D.
As a matter of fact, here's a great thread with the other number too:

Spartan Installation Advice
You were right. nobody had these sensors in town yesterday. Not Autozone, Discount or O'Reilys. Looks like I'll be headed to the Ford dealer in a little while. Thanks for the info and part #!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 AM

Cool

Quote:
You were right. nobody had these sensors in town yesterday. Not Autozone, Discount or O'Reilys. Looks like I'll be headed to the Ford dealer in a little while. Thanks for the info and part #!!
Good Luck and keep us updated on how things are going!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodDiesel View Post
I can't help you with the codes and such but once you do get it working correctly, give Mike a call over at KEM for some custom tuners. $75 is worth every penny. I couldn't run the canned extreme tune because my tranny was shifting horribly with it. Mike sent me a couple of custom tunes and now I got the power and shifting correct. Not to mention Performance tune 13mpg on highway/ Extreme custom tune 125 18mpg. I had no luck with the SCT staff. Hopefully you will.
My truck likes the performance tune better then the extreme tune also, the transmission doesnt shift as good in extreme and I am waiting on my KEM 210 tune
Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I finally got around to installing the new temp sensor and so far everything is good!! I only drove it for about 10 miles or so but no wrench or codes yet!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.