Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Codes after SCT install

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  toobadq 
#1 ·
I just installed the Livewire Extreme on my 6.4 with 4" DPF/Cat delete a couple days ago. The first tune I loaded was the extreme tune. It ran fine for about 25 miles or so. Then I changed to the performance tune and it was good for about 10 miles before the wrench showed up on my dash. I checked the codes and this is what popped up:

UO115-lost communication with ECM/PCM "A"
UO100-lost communication with ECM/PCM "B"
UO101-lost communication with TCM
P244D-exhaust temp too high for DPF regen
P1000-OBD systems readiness test not complete

The truck ran just fine and the tuner was working good as well during this. I tried to clear the codes but they would not go away. I returned the truck to stock, unplugged the tuner and then rebooted but that did'nt help either. I don't think anything is wrong with the truck, just a glitch in the tuner somehow.
What do I need to do, to correct this?? It is quite annoying having to look at that wrench on the display!!
Hopefully I just need to make a call in to SCT and they can walk me through it!! If anyone has any input on this, please chime in and share!!

Also, how can I get an operating manuel for the tuner? I did not recieve one in the package.

Other than that, I am loving this tuner!! Night and day differance with this installed and the extra mpg's are awesome!!
Thanks!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't help you with the codes and such but once you do get it working correctly, give Mike a call over at KEM for some custom tuners. $75 is worth every penny. I couldn't run the canned extreme tune because my tranny was shifting horribly with it. Mike sent me a couple of custom tunes and now I got the power and shifting correct. Not to mention Performance tune 13mpg on highway/ Extreme custom tune 125 18mpg. I had no luck with the SCT staff. Hopefully you will.

#3 ·
Questions?

Did you get a question asking you if you deleted your DPF? Did you answer "Yes"? I'm not trying to ask stupid questions, I just know someone who bought a Livewire that was not the "Offroad Version" for DPF Delete and had almost the same issues. He traded the tuner back to the company he bought it from and got the correct one and he was fine. I think they have both a 9625 and a 9625OR - the OR (Off Road) should be the "Delete Kit" Model. :dunno:

#4 ·
Did you get a question asking you if you deleted your DPF? Did you answer "Yes"? I'm not trying to ask stupid questions, I just know someone who bought a Livewire that was not the "Offroad Version" for DPF Delete and had almost the same issues. He traded the tuner back to the company he bought it from and got the correct one and he was fine. I think they have both a 9625 and a 9625OR - the OR (Off Road) should be the "Delete Kit" Model. :dunno:
I have the 96250R "Livewire Extreme". It asked about the DPF delete and I answered yes. It asked about the EGR delete too and I answered no. I removed the DPF and Cat and replaced with 4". When we did the exhaust install, we could not get the O2 sensor by the muffler off. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm gonna stop by Autozone and pick up a new O2 sensor. Like I said before, the truck is running fine. Just throwin out some codes.

#6 ·
The U codes are caused by the SCT when you read the codes. The p1000 is because the truck did not go through the reset cycle since the battery was disconnected or the reprogram. The P244D is what is setting the light. If the temp sensor is missing I believe the truck will eventually not start, but not 100%

#10 ·
I finally got around to installing the new temp sensor and so far everything is good!! I only drove it for about 10 miles or so but no wrench or codes yet!!:woot:

#12 ·
I got a 2008 F450 with a 6.4liter...just put a 3015R SCT in and Keep getting a P244D and a P041D..Truck has a full race Exh. and No EGR Coolers...SCT will not return my calls or E-mails...so I am looking for the help of you Guys...I did replace the EGRT sensor with a FORD unit and it did not change a thing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.