Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Thinking About Deleting the DPF?

753 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Fuxton 
#1 ·
Dont even hesitate! lol. Night and day difference. Couldnt be happier with my minimax and especially how quickly Performance Truck got it to me. Install was simple thanks to a torch lol. Damn rust on my exhaust.

#2 ·
did you delete the cat converter too? how much of the exhaust did you retrofit....how was the install of the exhaust pipe and the tuner....I understand the tuners just plug right in underneath the dash, correct??

I am worried about the install of any exhaust, primarily for the reasons you seemed to encounter, with rusted bolts/piping, etc....I am not the greatest mechanic, by far, so I am a little intimidated with the replacement of any exhaust components....

Hope this all makes sense, and apologize in advance for stupid questions....newbie here.

#3 ·
I did delete both. It is much easier that way. You just take it out in one piece. I did it on a lift so it really wasnt that bad. I just heated up the bolts to get them off. The hangers were giving me a little trouble so we just cut them off lol. As far as instaling the tuner it takes no time at all.

#5 ·
No problem, Thanks for the killer deal and amazingly fast shipping lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.