Dpf delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dpf delete

I am buying the h&s mini maxx tuner I have that part figured out. Where I am un sure about is the delete pipe part and exactly what to go with. Should I get the cat/dpf delete or just the dpf delete pipe kit? Whats the difference? I also have seen recomendations for A 5" down pipe is that the best route to take? I am not trying to break the bank and the price range varies significantly. So exactly what do I need? I just need advice I want to do it right the first time. 2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke thank you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If all you want to do is get rid of the dpf, I would get the cat/dpf delete pipe. The cat and dpf are bolted together and much easier to take of and put back on as 1 piece. No need to keep the cat and only do the dpf because the cat is restrictive also.
If you want a full system, they delete the cat and dpf and you can get them with or without a muffler. It doesn't matter if you get 4 or 5 inch. Difference will be a little sound and price.
That being said, I just put a Flo-Pro 4" from the downpipe back on my truck with a muffler and its just fine for me.
The delete pipe only would be about your cheapest route and get the most restrictive parts of your stock exhaust freed up. I just had to get rid of those goofy tips on the stock exhaust also.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
If all you want to do is get rid of the dpf, I would get the cat/dpf delete pipe. The cat and dpf are bolted together and much easier to take of and put back on as 1 piece. No need to keep the cat and only do the dpf because the cat is restrictive also.
If you want a full system, they delete the cat and dpf and you can get them with or without a muffler. It doesn't matter if you get 4 or 5 inch. Difference will be a little sound and price.
That being said, I just put a Flo-Pro 4" from the downpipe back on my truck with a muffler and its just fine for me.
The delete pipe only would be about your cheapest route and get the most restrictive parts of your stock exhaust freed up. I just had to get rid of those goofy tips on the stock exhaust also.
He pretty much covered it.

At the very least I would recommend doing a DPF/CAT Delete Pipe. If you are on a budget, that is all I would suggest doing. Let us know if we can help with anything. Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thats all I did. And if you decide on changing the tailpipe later, you can just get a filter back exhaust.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Couple questions, and forgive me, because I am new...
Can you get rid of the regen without a tuner? If I get rid of the regen and the DPF, would I have to increase my exhaust size to see any improvement in power/gas mileage.....my only true desire is to get better gas mileage...I really don't care about the power gains..if I increase my exhaust size, will that affect the spare tire storage?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 AM

You have to add some sort of electronic device(tuner) with modified exhaust to stop the regen process.

Getting an tuner like H&S xrt-pro with a cat/dpf delete pipe should be enough for what your talking about.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Awesome guys thank you very much for the info.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4551 View Post
Couple questions, and forgive me, because I am new...
Can you get rid of the regen without a tuner? If I get rid of the regen and the DPF, would I have to increase my exhaust size to see any improvement in power/gas mileage.....my only true desire is to get better gas mileage...I really don't care about the power gains..if I increase my exhaust size, will that affect the spare tire storage?

Thanks.
You will need some sort of tuner or device to shut regen off. Another thing you have to keep in mind is that the more power you add, the better fuel mileage you will get out of your truck as long as you drive it easy.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The DPF/Cat delete pipes will be much easier to install and more beneficial than just a DPF delete pipe alone. We have a package with that kit and the Mini Maxx on our site. Feel free to give us a call with any questions.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So they make a piece that replaces the cat converter and the DPF? I assume that does include the muffler....do they make a piece that goes from the cat converter to the end of the exhaust?

What are the benefits of replacing the exhaust from the cat converter all the way back? I guess the stock exhaust is 3"? I really don't want to affect the spare tire storage, so is that going to be an issue with replacing the entire exhaust?

If you do replace the cat and the DPF, do you still need a tuner...I understand you will need something to delete the regen...not even sure what the regen is (sorry guys)...I know it has something to burning off excess fuel for emissions (correct me if I am wrong)....what are the caveats to replacing the exhaust without deleting the regen...will it still try to regen and what will that do to the truck?

Thanks in advance, all.
GMN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.