Another Kem 345 Success Story - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another Kem 345 Success Story

I have been reading the Diesel Power magazine now for about 6 months. I got enamored over Mike Mahilos truck and hunted him down to this website .lol His truck has the cleanest sharp look I have seen. Mike was very helpful and gave me information about the things I liked about his truck. I got my international emblems on the way. Still trying to gain courage to do the stacks. He also suggested I try out the Kem 345.

So I was looking at the KEM performance website and saw where they had a shop just about a hour and a half away in Monticello, Georgia on Lake jackson. So I called Charles at KEM a few weeks ago and he answered all my questions and we set up tonight to do my dpf delete, H&S Mini Max , and KEM 345. I actually got that sd card with all the KEM tunes.

Charles really knows his stuff being a Ford Master service mechanic, and with his racing background. I learned alot.

Back on point I have been averaging hand calced about 12.5 -13.5 MPG combination highway and town traffic. The LOM has been very close. Tonight on the way back all highway I hand calced 21.6 MPG. The LOM was 22.8. I am just stoked. Of course I will be using this strictly off road and for racing now.

The power is just ungodly , the accelaration from about 60-100 is just breathtaking. It is like a brand new truck.

It is the customer service though that really sets these guys at KEM above the rest.

I had planned on going down to suncoast for my tranny upgrade while in Florida. However, discovered in conversation that Charles is Suncoast authorized dealer so I will be making that trip back to Monticello soon to have him do it.

Thanks KEM

David Thatcher
2010 Harley Edition
6.4 3.55

Last edited by GamblerHydra; 02-22-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: truck Info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Glad to hear it! Mike and Charles are great couple of guys and we have nothing but good things to say about them! Enjoy the "new" truck.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Great to hear this because my plan is to be getting the 345 soon. So far my hotdamn tune with firm 45 lockup is treating me so good Ive been procrastinating with the KEM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Glad to hear it! Mike and Charles are great couple of guys and we have nothing but good things to say about them! Enjoy the "new" truck.
Thanks, and I really like the H&S Mini Max by the way. I at first wanted to get the bigger H&S unit, but am glad Charles talked me into the Mini. The picture is crystal clear and really stands out day and night. It gives me all the readings I need and am concerned with. It actually is the perfect size and he put it right above my vent on my driver side so it is perfect with my line of sight.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
Great to hear this because my plan is to be getting the 345 soon. So far my hotdamn tune with firm 45 lockup is treating me so good Ive been procrastinating with the KEM.

anyone know what the power difference between the kem 345 and the h&s hot?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505powerstroke View Post
anyone know what the power difference between the kem 345 and the h&s hot?
I dont know , but heres my take on what I'd want to be different.

The hot damn tune and 45 firm trans file are not real forgiving with all the pedal positions during acceleration. Maybe its not possible for a large power tune to behave ideal in all situations. I hear the word slam alot, When my truck Bumps heavily into the next gear Im not considering it a Slam, But someone else Might.
I come from the school where performance Auto transmissions are supposed to engage real fast , anything less and the clutches will burn and the trans goes south.
What I want out of a custom upgrade tune is more consistency of shifts during the acceleration. The trans firmly grabbing each gear 1-2-3-4-5 in the same manner regardless of How fast or not fast Im taking it through the gears.
Ive completed the relearn since the H&S 45 firm trans file but still noticeably eratic shifting goes on. The biggest problem Im having is driving off and the shifts are to sensitive when my foot is very light on the pedal in traffic, seems like it hangs a little then engages at a higher RPM than it would have. This happens to often. I would want the Kem 345 tune to not be so noticeably erratic. I dont expect perfect or Ideal , just better.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Vettester

I have the same complaint about my Tranmission programing. Been talking to KEM about some ideas on tuning and an Auto/manual setup using the Tow/Haul program. Still need to chat a bit more with Mike to see how thsi can be accomplished or for that matter if it can be done.

Heading to Rudy's next week to have a Dyno tune done by the Nutty prof himself.

More to follow.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD05 View Post
Vettester

I have the same complaint about my Tranmission programing. Been talking to KEM about some ideas on tuning and an Auto/manual setup using the Tow/Haul program. Still need to chat a bit more with Mike to see how thsi can be accomplished or for that matter if it can be done.

Heading to Rudy's next week to have a Dyno tune done by the Nutty prof himself.

More to follow.
Id like to be there too, alas its a little over 700 miles for me, Thats a tad to far for me to pull off in a weekend. Looking forward to hearing about your Powwow with Mike.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's about a 5 hour run for me.... leaving on midday Friday to get there. Action starts at 1000.

Cheers
Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey buddy, where did u order those International emblems from? I really like them too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.