Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Downpipe Install

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bioniccruiser 
#1 ·
I was looking for some photos, tips or hints on installing the Powerstroker67 2 piece downpipe. Any advice would be more than appreciated. I was also wondering if this install could be done without taking the turbo heat shield off. I would rather not mess around with the oil lines

Thanks

NP

#3 ·
Once you disconnect the two bolts on the bottom of the down pipe, You need to cut the factory down pipe in half as high as you can safely reach. It will take a little while to cut since it is two layers thick. I would say the hardest part to the whole thing will be getting the top clamp off the down pipe. If it has been on there for a long time, and you have never removed a v band clamp. It could be a little hard. A hammer and chisel with a few taps should push the clamp off fairly easy. Take the clamp off and out of your way. Remove the rest of the down pipe. Install the top piece of the new pipe loosely, then the lower part. Align everything and tighten up the clamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.