Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

filter back exhaust?

9K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  smotrs 
#1 ·
Im not looking to get more power out of my truck, but i do want it louder. Is putting simple filter back exhaust on it going to be a waste of time, or will i get quite a bit of sound out of it? I dont really have the money to buy turbo back exhaust and a tuner.. thanks guys

#2 ·
If your saying DPF filter back, I dont think it would be worth the money you spend on it. Save up till you can delete and tune your truck.

#3 ·
Even doing a straight pipe aft of the DPF won't get you any more noticeable sound. You won't get any more sound unless you do a DPF or DPF/DOC delete(with no muffler). As Vettester said, save your money til you can do that. The other is a waste of time and money.

#4 ·
get rid of the trash can from hell and you'll have some noise.

#6 ·
Yes, you can do the filter back now and do the delete pipes later that will fit right into the filter back stuff. As everyone else said, the filter back is pointless. I went this route at first, then stepped up to the plate and finally did a full delete.

#8 ·
Adding a filter back exhaust won't change the sound. about the only thing you'll get is better flow from filter back and a nicer looking exhaust tip.

As mentioned above mine, the Banks exhaust is very clean looking and fits nicely under the truck. I have the dual exhaust on mine. Gets allot of comments.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.