Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Slightly Lower...

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ABP 
#1 ·
I finally got my 5.4 coil springs in. Got them done today. So my current suspension setup is 5.4 coils up front, no rear blocks, and new factory 4x4 shocks (the black Motorcraft shocks).

What does everyone think?

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks!

Looks great:thumb: except your in a No parking spot lol
Thanks! :hehe:

Looks good Jeff. Cant pick a direction to go with it yet can you:hehe:
Appreciate it Dave. The lift was really the only misdirection. Biggest waste of money ever. Found out the hard way that I don't like a lifted truck. Since I took the lift off, this has been the direction I have been intending to go....just took me forever to finally order new shocks and the coils. I also had all kinds of trouble with Fedex. :doh:

The 5.4 springs about a 2" drop? Does it ride good enough to justify running 5.4 springs with a spacer to keep stock height? I have to think they are a good bit softer
It was about a 1-1.5" drop. I guess you could do a leveling kit, but that would probably make it ride like it has factory shocks again, so it would probably be pointless. It rides amazing right now. Happiest I've ever been with stance and ride. :nod:

#6 ·
Looks good Jeff. Cant pick a direction to go with it yet can you:hehe:

#7 ·
The 5.4 springs about a 2" drop? Does it ride good enough to justify running 5.4 springs with a spacer to keep stock height? I have to think they are a good bit softer

#9 ·
it looks cool and so does the gray truck in the back of your last pic. So did you do this more for racing?:beer:

#12 ·
You can get the coils off of TascaParts.com for $48 a piece. I cannot remember the part # now. I originally got it from Aaron at Rudy's Diesel Performance. Other than that, no cost unless you replace your shocks.

#15 ·
#14 ·
#16 ·
looks like the one in his avatar

#17 ·
The stance looks really good. I have a full set of Billet T-rex grills that would look pretty sick on your truck. I bought them and did not realize the grill on a truck with a "chrome package" is different than the chrome grill without. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.