Mini Maxx Power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini Maxx Power

Hey everyone. I just installed my mini max into my F-350 6.4L. Got a question. I was suppose to wire the power to the purple wire under the dash. I did that, but it didn't seem to work. So I'm back to using the on and off switch.

I have not done the DPF delete yet. That is later today. But will I need the mini max running when the truck is running?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the power connected to the ignition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did your purple wire have power with the key turned on? I checked my purple before I spliced into it and it was hot with the key on. I then spliced into it. The first time I turned the truck on the Minimaxx didn't power up. Just had to flip the switch on the OBDII plug. Then it was in the right position to turn on and off with the key. No problems at all so far.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I turned on the key, but had to turn on the OBII to get it to come on. But when I turned off the truck, the mini max didn't turn off. That is why I didn't leave it. Also, I used those terminated wires in the bundle under the dash. Are those the right ones?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ya its the bundle of wires that are by the ebrake release handle. The wires all have the black protective ends on them. If you have a voltmeter or test light check that purple that you spliced to see if its hot with the key on and not with the key off. Its probably something minor to do with the switch. The OBDII is always on but having the switch in the right position will allow the Minimaxx to be turned on and off through the power wire.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned

I installed the dpf delete and mini maxx like this:
Install the mini maxx dont worry about the purple wire yet. Load the dpf installed tune. Start the motor to assure alls well, shut the engine off. Next, drop the dpf/doc and install your new delete system. Turn the key to the run position, after the mini boots, use the menu to find the change settings , select dpf removed tuning , the new mode of tunes will install. Start the engine and play with the tuner to check out all the stuff, defuel settings ect. Shut the engine off, and splice the power wire into the solid purple wire in the bundle. Note, there are three purple wires in the bundle two of them have a trace stripe on them, only one is solid purple, look closely and select and splice into the solid one. Make sure the mini's obd11 adapter switch is in the always on position, now the mini will turn on and off with the ignition.
Theres quite a few ways to succesfully do the whole job, my discription definitely works. Have fun
Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help guys, I'm getting ready to change out the pipes now.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

We'll be looking for your success reply!! But if you run into anything confusing, even though it may seem dumb, sound off on it. The whole job is not that easy, everyone whose dpf deleted knows that. Few at home mechanics complete without a little blood shed haha.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

It's not that bad, once you get past the fear of tearing something up. I originally had a spartan and the biggest concern with it was not breaking the sensors in the exhaust. Now that those don't have to be removed it is a pretty straight forward job. Swapping out the intake can end up being the most time consuming part.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im about to order all my stuff. How hard is it to change from the DPF on tunes to DPF off tunes?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
It's not that bad, once you get past the fear of tearing something up. I originally had a spartan and the biggest concern with it was not breaking the sensors in the exhaust. Now that those don't have to be removed it is a pretty straight forward job. Swapping out the intake can end up being the most time consuming part.
What he said. Removing/replacing the exhaust is pretty straight forward. Swapping out the sensors used to be the toughest part, but thats not necessary anymore. If you are just doing the DPF/Cat delete pipes, all you have to do is loosen up the bolts on the two bolt flange at the bottom of the down pipe, unhook all the sensors, loosen the slip joint after the DPF, and pull the whole thing out in one piece. If you are doing a full system, the tail section can be a little challenging if you are trying to remove it without cutting. If you dont care, hit is with a sawzall and it will fall out. The new pipes in both cases practically install themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.