Mini Maxx Not Reading - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini Maxx Not Reading

A couple weeks ago I started up the truck and noticed that the mini maxx was not reading any parameters at all. It would turn on yet once it finished saying "initializing" all parameters/gauges were at 0 and would never changed. I turned the truck off and started it back up and it seemed to work. Now today it is doing the same thing, yet its like the mini maxx freezes and nothing works. I mean it turns on but doesn't read anything and none of the buttons work. I tried turning the truck off, unplugging the OBD II port and plugging it back in, moving the power switch but no dice. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas of a fix? Thought I'd just check on here first before contacting H&S, which I still will. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You may just need a software update from our website. Please update the tuner, and if that does not solve the issue please feel free to call us anytime on our tech line at 1-888-628-1730.

-H&S
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon09 View Post
A couple weeks ago I started up the truck and noticed that the mini maxx was not reading any parameters at all. It would turn on yet once it finished saying "initializing" all parameters/gauges were at 0 and would never changed. I turned the truck off and started it back up and it seemed to work. Now today it is doing the same thing, yet its like the mini maxx freezes and nothing works. I mean it turns on but doesn't read anything and none of the buttons work. I tried turning the truck off, unplugging the OBD II port and plugging it back in, moving the power switch but no dice. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas of a fix? Thought I'd just check on here first before contacting H&S, which I still will. Thanks
There is an update available online for just such an issue. We have had a few guys with the same situations and think we have nailed down the issue. Let us know if it works for you. Thanks

Mini Maxx Downloads - H&S Performance

Casey beat me to it! Dang him.....
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM

Thx for the reply. I'll give that a try.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned

Should every one download the new 6.4.21
Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon09 View Post
I've had the same problem. Mine will either sit on "initializing communication" or I will get no readings at all. It has also read some parameters but not others. One day it did this and I stopped the truck to turn it and the mini off and the truck wouldn't restart. I reloaded the tune and everything seemed to be fine. I guess I'll have to try this update. I was just getting ready to call H&S until I saw this thread. I really hope this works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.