Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Parting together a custom exhaust setup - Questions

656 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AW794 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my H&S XRT Pro just arrived. I would like to install it, but i want to finish parting together my exhaust setup. Im a bargain hunter, and i sourced a brand new 4" 2 piece flo pro downpipe for 65 bucks. Now i want to complete my setup with a 5" down pipe back setup. Im having trouble getting information. At what point would it step up from 4" to 5"? Im also having trouble finding a coupler of some kind to step up to 5". I know i could have bought a complete kit, but like i said i look for deals. I have less than 500 invested in the XRT tuner and downpipe combined. If anyone has some info, i would greatly appreciate it!

#2 ·
I forgot to mention that the downpipe has a 4" ball/socket flange on the exhaust side. I guess i would need that 4 to 5" coupler at that point?

#4 ·
Ok great, thanks for that info! So it would probably be best to come off the downpipe with a 4" pipe, then step up to the 5"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.