Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Mileage

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Suthrn 
#1 ·
What should I be getting? 08 CC 6.4L with 325x60x20 Nitto Terra Grappers on 20x8.5 KMC XD Spy Wheels. No lift. I went from about 13mpg to 8-9 mpg.

Plan on buying a programmer ASAP. What should I buy? I tow a 16 ft trailer with fourwheelers and a 22 ft Wakeboard boat that weighs about 4K lbs.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
What are you basing your mpg off of? Did you get the speedo recalibrated or using a gps? I ask because if you changed tire size your odometer and speedo are off. I was showing some crazy numbers from the lie-o-meter in the dash but had no idea until I got my speedo working right.

#6 ·
I asked because you said you lost almost 5mpg and that doesn't sound right. I lost about 2mpg going from my stockers to 37's on the factory 20's. Given my daily driving routine I'm getting about 13mpg. That's a 18 mile run from my house to base doing 60mph and the little bit of driving I do around town getting the kids from daycare and putting around base. My truck is stock.

#7 ·
Yeah, mine really dropped off alot. What do you do in the Air Force? Where are you stationed?

I talked to a diesel performance shop here today and think Im going to go with the H&S Black Maxx, 5" exhaust from the turbo back and an intake.

Dont think I need all of that, but for around $1700 installed for all of it, dont think its too bad of a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.