Pulling the trigger on a MiniMaxx next week! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Diesel Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Pulling the trigger on a MiniMaxx next week!

So I am finally getting rid of the Bully Dog GT and am going with the MiniMaxx. However I am still unsure with what to do about the exhaust. I am thinking of doing just the CAT/DPF delete. Or do I just bite the bullet and go with a full turbo back system? Your thoughts on both are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am getting ready to do a Tuner/DPF/CAT Delete on mine and leaving the rest of the stock exhaust in place with the muffler. I will see how it does, I would not run straight pipe because the engine needs some back pressure and it is louder. My .02 Cents worth.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckF350 View Post
So I am finally getting rid of the Bully Dog GT and am going with the MiniMaxx. However I am still unsure with what to do about the exhaust. I am thinking of doing just the CAT/DPF delete. Or do I just bite the bullet and go with a full turbo back system? Your thoughts on both are appreciated.
Your engine will fully benefit from the DPF/DOC delete, just run a new 4" downpipe back into your stock resonator and tail Pipe. This is the most economical way to enjoy the Mini tunes, and enormous gains of a dpf/doc delete.
BUT
There are a few more significant enhancement's for the engine if you go ahead with a 5" downpipe back now. If you go 4" back now, you would have to scrap it if you found you needed the 5" later.

Note ,Some of H&S & KEMS most all around beneficial tunes would run more efficiently with cooler EGT temps and better mpg's using the 5" downpipe and a aftermarket passenger side intercooler pipe. This would be especially important when towing big trailers.
Hope I didnt jazz up your plan, just trying to be heads up with some details that you would find out later.
Whatever you choose youll be enjoying a whole new truck.

Last edited by Vettester; 02-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Diesel Addict

Dang it!! Now ya gave me more to think about. Will have lots of time to think on the flight home from Iraq. I am so looking forward to not seeing
"CLEANING EXHAUST"
"DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST"
Let the thinking begin. And thanks for the input.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

A DPF/Cat delete kit will get rid of most of the restriction, but a full system will give you the best results. If EGTs are a concern for you, I suggest going with a full system.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafishr View Post
...I would not run straight pipe because the engine needs some back pressure and it is louder. My .02 Cents worth.
my understanding is that a diesel does not benefit from any back pressure like a gas engine does. anyone have a more definitive answer to this? sorry, for the slight
Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM

I've noticed that my EGT's have dropped since I put on my S&B intake. I'm starting to see that the major benefit of the tuner is getting rid of the DPF and fuel in the oil because the fuel mileage hasn't gone up much.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Diesel Addict

Part way home from Iraq!! Home for a day the off to Edmonton and get my MiniMaxx. So looking forward to dropping the DPF. Oh and seeing the family and all that stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

dont think 2ice

you will love the tunr, I just installed mine 4 days ago and hate getting to a destination the truck is just too much fun to drive. The minimaxx is very simple to install, use and has awesome power. I will b driving with the stock settings they offer more than enough powerfor me atleast till I get used to it, the I might download the hot damn tunes. get yours n enjoy the truck, good luck.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM

I did a minimax and dpf/doc delete pipe combo. I do want to get a different tailpipe now. but I tell you what. Talk to Nate at performance truck products and he can walk you through the different options! Your gonna have a whole different truck when you put that stuff on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.