Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pulling the trigger on a MiniMaxx next week!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  CanuckF350 
#1 ·
So I am finally getting rid of the Bully Dog GT and am going with the MiniMaxx. :thumb::thumb: However I am still unsure with what to do about the exhaust. I am thinking of doing just the CAT/DPF delete. Or do I just bite the bullet and go with a full turbo back system? :dunno: Your thoughts on both are appreciated.

#6 ·
...I would not run straight pipe because the engine needs some back pressure and it is louder. My .02 Cents worth.
my understanding is that a diesel does not benefit from any back pressure like a gas engine does. anyone have a more definitive answer to this? sorry, for the slight :hijack: :D

#3 · (Edited)
Your engine will fully benefit from the DPF/DOC delete, just run a new 4" downpipe back into your stock resonator and tail Pipe. This is the most economical way to enjoy the Mini tunes, and enormous gains of a dpf/doc delete.
BUT
There are a few more significant enhancement's for the engine if you go ahead with a 5" downpipe back now. If you go 4" back now, you would have to scrap it if you found you needed the 5" later.

Note ,Some of H&S & KEMS most all around beneficial tunes would run more efficiently with cooler EGT temps and better mpg's using the 5" downpipe and a aftermarket passenger side intercooler pipe. This would be especially important when towing big trailers.
Hope I didnt jazz up your plan, just trying to be heads up with some details that you would find out later.
Whatever you choose youll be enjoying a whole new truck.

#4 ·
Dang it!! Now ya gave me more to think about. :hehe: Will have lots of time to think on the flight home from Iraq. :thumb::thumb: I am so looking forward to not seeing
"CLEANING EXHAUST"
"DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST"
:woot::woot: Let the thinking begin. And thanks for the input.

#7 ·
I've noticed that my EGT's have dropped since I put on my S&B intake. I'm starting to see that the major benefit of the tuner is getting rid of the DPF and fuel in the oil because the fuel mileage hasn't gone up much.

#8 ·
Part way home from Iraq!! :woot: Home for a day the off to Edmonton and get my MiniMaxx. So looking forward to dropping the DPF. :woot: Oh and seeing the family and all that stuff. :hehe:

#9 ·
dont think 2ice

you will love the tunr, I just installed mine 4 days ago and hate getting to a destination the truck is just too much fun to drive. The minimaxx is very simple to install, use and has awesome power. I will b driving with the stock settings they offer more than enough powerfor me atleast till I get used to it, the I might download the hot damn tunes. get yours n enjoy the truck, good luck.

#10 ·
I did a minimax and dpf/doc delete pipe combo. I do want to get a different tailpipe now. but I tell you what. Talk to Nate at performance truck products and he can walk you through the different options! Your gonna have a whole different truck when you put that stuff on!

#12 ·
I have the 4" dpf/doc delete pipe, magnaflow pro exhaust with 5" tip (no muffler/no res), and the banks ram air. EGT's still get high using the hot tune for long periods or several wot runs in a row. Couldn't be happier. The more open the exhaust the better.

Truck sounds like a jet engine. I love it!

#19 ·
Installed the exhaust!! Loaded the newest H&S 300HP tune!!
Holy Frick man!! This thing is insane:woot::woot::woot:
It is like a completely different truck. WOW OH WOW!!!

I can't get the silly grin off my face.:icon_ford::icon_ford:

H&S You rock!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.