Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 f250 deletes

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Snuffer8427 
#1 ·
Anyone out there that has an egr and Dpf delete on their 6.4? I'm looking for some insight. Is it worth it? Any problems? What is a good system, what does it do for you? Does the non delete systems still give results or is it better to delete everything? Thanks.

#2 ·
If your looking for efficiency and better fuel mileage, a DPF delete and EGR delete are excellent upgrades. Just know this: deleting both the DPF and EGR violates federal law and can also cause you to lose your powertrain/tranny warranty.

I recommend Spartan tuning. I personally have an Elite Diesel Engineering/Rudy's Diesel Performance hybrid EGR cooler delete on my truck. It consists of EGR blocker plates, EGR cooler coolant plugs, and a CFM+ intake elbow. So far, everything is good. Had that setup on my truck for a few weeks now.

#3 ·
Thanks jeff. Do you work for Spartan? Are there any performance negatives to these upgrades? I live in jersey and auto wurks diesel recommended hs performance. I don't know the difference between them and Spartan but I don't want to damage the truck with anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.