Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini Maxx?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dafaic 
#1 ·
I just installed the mini and this sleeping monster has came out of hibernation. I have one question thus far about the power supply to the unit. I installed the available power wire to the obd adapter from an ignition source, however I'm still having to manually turn the unit on and off. I'
ve tested the source I tapped in and its hot when the key is on, it's also hot from the supplied wire contact. Anyone have this issue?

#3 ·
There is also a switch on the OBDII adapter. one setting is hot and the other is switched. Try flipping the switch and see if this cures your problem.

#4 ·
Subscribe.

I would like to wire mine to the accessory or keyed wiring too instead of constant hot. Would be nice if it turned on and off with the key and not manually.

Shawn

#7 ·
Please share the other source, so we can do it too. :dunno:

Shawn

#9 ·
Well it's dark in there and as another stated there are three purple wires. The solid purple is an ignition and the same color is at the ignition switch if you pull the cover off. Every truck 2008-2010 has the purple wire. 2 weeks ago we put my alarm in so I got to know those wires under the dash pretty good. The first purple wire I grabbed, i looked it over real well and could tell a very faint light color stripe but it almost wasn't noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.