Advice on what to get for a reliable build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 04:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advice on what to get for a reliable build

ok so coming up I am hopefully going to be doing a build. As everyone does, I want the highest power numbers with reliability. Reliability is taking priority on this.

Here is my list, but I am not 100% decided on what brand to go with so input would be greatly appriciated

1. Tuner : Spartan or H&S. I have heard great things about both and very few people having problems, but when it comes to it which one gives more power and less problems?

2. Cai: AFE Stage II Si, PG7 Filter with TorqueTube

3. Exhaust: Flo-Pro 409 SS 5" Turbo back or downpipe back with a 4 inch dp. I have heard some people have had a 5" dp rub on the cab? Or I was going to do a 4" or 5" dp to a 5" dpf/doc delete pipe and then a mbrp exhaust from the delete pipe back.

4. Spearco Intercooler with the Cold Side Intercooler Pipe

5. Airdog DF-165 or FASS 220 GPH

6. Spartan 150hp injectors? Any advice on this?

7. Elite diesel ported fuel rails

8. Rudy's Diesel Twin K16 High Pressure Fuel System (How much power will this add? this is a maybe considering its over 3k)

9. Elite diesel chromemoly push rods

10. Elite diesel main stud kit

11. H11 Head Stud Kit. Are these needed? I heard the studs on these 6.4's are pretty strong as is?

12. Elite diesel Competition Ring Set

13. Elite diesel EGR delete kit with a BOV and CFM

14. Snow performance Stage 3 water/meth

15. NX Dual Stage Nitrous System with Mini Progressive Controller

16. Fully built Suncoast or Suncoast rebuild kit? Reliability is what I would like. and if I go with Spartan for tuning, do i no longer need to get the tcm with suncoast parts?

17. Suncoast TC and Input shaft.

Is there anything I am missing? This truck is a daily driver which is why I want reliability. The nitrous would only be used at the track and I would be going to the track every couple weekends. I don't really do any sled pulling, maybe I will someday but for now its a no. If I was to get a camshaft it changes the rmp range and do i want that for daily driving? and are the new max-power turbos worth 9k?! Would I need to worry about other driveline parts with these mods such as driveshafts? Any other ideas and advice would be greatly appricated.

thanks.

matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you are going to spray any N2O, you will need headstuds as a safety for reliability. The only thing I see that you might want to look at is turbos. The benefit of ported heads is to flow better. No need for the Spartan TCM with a suncoast tranny.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You would definitely want turbo's with a build like that. That's a lot of fuel. The stock turbo's run out of air with the big race tunes.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:29 AM

ok thank you for the input john and jeff. And will of these mods work with a spartan tuner or h&s or is there more custom tuning required? and is this going to be driveable on a daily basis?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Some custom tuning will be required, but we may be able to help you out on that end. I'll have to discuss it with Matt. Custom tuning is not a top priority of his at the moment.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Yeah you don't need to bother him with that soon, its unfortunaltely going to a couple months (maybe longer) before this happens, thanks. just out of curiousity how much power would this setup give with the max power turbos?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You could probably be in the 750-800 range on fuel and 1000+ on nitrous depending on how much you are willing to throw at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.