Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dpf delete take off

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  suban 
#1 ·
Thinking of doing a dpf delete but before I do I would like to see how much it smokes on a regular exceleration as well as hammer down so if anyone has vids of this it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I don't have any movies to show you, but what I can tell you is: I run Spartan's 250 tune and it barely smokes if I'm taking it easy. Moderate acceleration will give you a little puff, and if you goose it from idle, it will let out a pretty good belch, although not nearly as much as the big tunes- like the ones you have probably seen on youtube...

Personally, I like the option to belch smoke on occasion, especially when someone's riding my ***, or if a Cummins comes rattling up beside me at a traffic light! :nod:

The 210 tune doesn't smoke much, even when I try, I can't get it to do much. Maybe a little. My thought is, if you're just concerned about deleting and getting a little extra power, the lower tunes will do that for you and your smoking issue will be minimal. You'll notice the smell more than the smoke.

You'll be really glad you deleted the exhaust stuff. Believe me... I had to sell all kinds of stuff to get the money for a delete pipe and tuner. Not to mention the arguments with my spouse over the expense. You'll ask yourself, "what was Ford thinking when they decided to do all of this to the exhaust and ruin such a sweet running truck...."

Go Steelers.

#3 ·
I don't have any movies to show you, but what I can tell you is: I run Spartan's 250 tune and it barely smokes if I'm taking it easy. Moderate acceleration will give you a little puff, and if you goose it from idle, it will let out a pretty good belch, although not nearly as much as the big tunes- like the ones you have probably seen on youtube...

Personally, I like the option to belch smoke on occasion, especially when someone's riding my ***, or if a Cummins comes rattling up beside me at a traffic light! :nod:

The 210 tune doesn't smoke much, even when I try, I can't get it to do much. Maybe a little. My thought is, if you're just concerned about deleting and getting a little extra power, the lower tunes will do that for you and your smoking issue will be minimal. You'll notice the smell more than the smoke.

You'll be really glad you deleted the exhaust stuff. Believe me... I had to sell all kinds of stuff to get the money for a delete pipe and tuner. Not to mention the arguments with my spouse over the expense. You'll ask yourself, "what was Ford thinking when they decided to do all of this to the exhaust and ruin such a sweet running truck...."

Go Steelers.
It wasent ford thinking of ways to ruin a truck. It was the EPA thinking of ways to screw with everything to try and convince people that the global warming(now known as Climate change btw..) is for real.

#4 ·
Yes Mr. Gore, I'm well aware of Global Warming. But my argument has always been: Lets combat global warming (which some consider to be a myth) by creating a system that actually causes a vehicle to use more fossil fuels, therefore accelerating our depletion of natural resources? Really? Granted, 2-4 miles per gallon less is not going to contribute much to crude oil consumption, but every little bit counts.

My apologies for not stating all of the facts regarding EPA vs. Emissions control. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Point remains the same to the OP: Lower tunes don't smoke that much, if at all, under normal circumstances. (IMO)

#5 · (Edited)
The only thing wrong with the 6.4l engine in the USA , is The extremely detrimental design of the DPF in order to comply with Fed. emmision standards . I think The dpf system will go down in history as the costliest , un-worthy sytem standard ever dreamed up.
Its so bad it should be illegal to use one.

#8 ·
Thanks for the info if there is someone with a vid and a tune that doesn't smoke I'd love to see it

#9 ·
Yeah, that sucks. Love the color of your rig...

I must say, it is surely a bonus being in Missouri: Open carry, Hunting with semi-autos, and no emissions checks. ...Yet. If I were back in Pittsburgh, its yearly inspection, plus emissions. Costs an arm and a leg too.

They just passed a thing here that if your car is under such-and-such years old, your safety inspection is every 5 years. Great for someone with illegal window tint and tampered emissions equipment.

#11 ·
im running a 150 tune from kem and havent seen any smoke yet. and im up here in mn where it is below 0 all the time. the only difference is the smell, the sound is a little diff, and no more regen light making you cuss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.