Tuning Update for January - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow Tuning Update for January

Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.

In light of this, I thought I'd use the next few days to give a more detailed description of the changes and updates to the calibrations we will be implementing, and get some input and consensus from our users on any other changes you guys would like to see. Our current update includes the following---

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Shift changes to all 275HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
-Addition of 300HP tuning for Job 1 trucks
-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

Another update will shortly follow the one mentioned above to include---
-Updates to both engine and transmission files for ALL Spartan TCM calibrations
-Engine calibration changes to 250, 275, and 310HP files to address periodic rolling idle

Any input from our customers on any issues will be monitored closely, so feel free to throw it in here. Even if it isn't a technical problem and is just something you'd like to see (tuning related) post as you'd like.

Thanks,

Spartan Diesel Technologies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Great information, should make allot of people happy knowing what's coming.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 AM

What exactly do you mean by enhanced converter lock up on the 250 and 275 tunes? Are you guys changing the lock up speed or doing something else.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Do you have to update the dashdaq in order to be able to run these tunes?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 AM

Yes you will need to update your DD with V2, it is not hard to accomplish, just take your time and read what Mick/Jeff have posted to get updated to the V2
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak diesel View Post
What exactly do you mean by enhanced converter lock up on the 250 and 275 tunes? Are you guys changing the lock up speed or doing something else.
Both tunes will see full lock-up at 45 MPH. The 275 tune currently has full lock-up at 50 MPH. The 250 tune currently locks up like stock at 50 MPH at light throttle, but will easily un-lock at any speed below about 70-72 MPH.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=08stroker250;2309628-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

[/QUOTE]

This has been a problem for me this year, but was never an issue last year. What causes the cold weather surge? My 275V4 was doing it pretty bad recently, I thought that it was do to cold motor and early TQ lock. So I swithched back to my 275V2. But it does it too. So my question is, if the truck is running the same tune as last year, and it did not surge, why is it surging this year? Fuel filters?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Both tunes will see full lock-up at 45 MPH. The 275 tune currently has full lock-up at 50 MPH. The 250 tune currently locks up like stock at 50 MPH at light throttle, but will easily un-lock at any speed below about 70-72 MPH.

I have been asking for a softer shifting 250 tune with early full lock up for a while. And here I was thinking that know one was listening... Can't wait
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKid View Post
This has been a problem for me this year, but was never an issue last year. What causes the cold weather surge? My 275V4 was doing it pretty bad recently, I thought that it was do to cold motor and early TQ lock. So I swithched back to my 275V2. But it does it too. So my question is, if the truck is running the same tune as last year, and it did not surge, why is it surging this year? Fuel filters?
Definitely could be the fuel filters.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 AM

What about us guys with the 3.73 rear ends, seems like we might end up locking up a bit early with the new update? Ive never realy seen the MPG improvement out of my truck, power is there just now MPG improvement, have always figured it was due to the 3.73 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.