Wind noise is it normal?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wind noise is it normal??

My doors don't seal very good on this 2010 4 door and the faster you go the worse it gets...... Every body have this problem ? At 100mph tonight coming for 250 miles I started getting pissed , But don't know what to do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

100 MPH??? Why are you worried about what your doors do at 100 MPH?

On a side note, I don't have what you are describing. No wind noise at any speed that I have noticed.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought the first 6.9 That was delivered to south Houston in 1983. melted the heads of it with the timing advanced, fuel turned way up, banks turbo in 1985.
Been in a ford myself & my company trucks , But this is the only one that had wind noise very bad.... If I slow down I'd be out there now doing 65.. Might as well ride a horse.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First off, loose the info about how fast how far you were going, just gonna get a bunch of chit from people. Second, add more info about the question you are actually asking, like what side is it coming from, what door is it actually coming from, do you have any water leaks, etc.

My guess is its just normal wind noise for driving a brick at 20-30mph faster than its supposed to drive. It sounds like the door rubber is off somewhere. if your truck is anything like mine, there is a piece of rubber that seals between the door and cab at the seam to prevent wind from going in that gap. There is an actual rubber door seal where the door seals to the cab to keep water out, but the one am taking about just fills the gap between the door itself and the cab to prevent wind noise. Might check if yours is missing.

Also, slow down bud. Thats stupid fast and not in a "haha thats stupid fast" kind of way. No one is impressed.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First of all, if you are going to be driving that fast on public roads, please stay south of Houston....keep away from Houston itself where my family tends to rome.

Second of all, since I drive my truck at sane speeds, I don't have any extraordinary noise coming from any of my doors.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First SLOW DOWN life is short enough nothing good can come from speeding like that all the time for anyone!
As to the door my doors have been noise free at highway speeds until a van just run into my drivers door and dented it up down low now i here air around the top of the frame which drives me nuts! if i pull on the frame at the top while driving the noise lightens up but that is my door being tweaked from a accident but try that to see if it helps if so to it to the dealer and have them adjust the door.
Chris
Old 01-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

In south Texas there is not much traffic!!
The roads are straight!
Its 70 miles between any town !
The daily comuter that might put 50 miles a day on there truck does not understand the need to get on down the road where all you see is fence & highway for miles...
Why put money into your ride to go faster if your setting on 65mph?

Wind is coming from passanger side & I checked the rubber & it looked good.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:24 AM

I was just looking at my seals the other day since I'm hearing wind noise near my driver side mirror. When the door is almost shut, the door seals look like they don't overlap the frame by much more than 1/8-1/4" even though they're almost 1/2 wide.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:11 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

I think wind noise is normal on these trucks. My new truck has some intrusion at 70mph and up. My 03 had terrible wind noise, and I adjusted the doors several times. So Also my friends SD's seem to have equal wind noise at high speeds as mine.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have three company trucks my operators drive, Two are 2008 crew cab f-250 diesels & they both have over 70,000 miles & not but a little noise above 80mph..
The 2011 w/6.7 has only 2,000 miles on it & no noise to speak of up to the limiter at 95mph.
Those trucks are only plain jane work trucks with no carpet & cloth seats.
Mine has everything on it they'll sell a man..
I'll put a photo in tomorrow of my pretty red hot rod..I'll park it beside my 69 f100swb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.